Posted February 18, 2021Embassy Suites by Hilton Philadelphia Valley Forge
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1. Greet customers immediately with a friendly and sincere welcome. Use a positive and clear speaking voice, listen to and understand requests, respond with appropriate action and provide accurate information such as outlet hours and local attractions.
2. Complete the registration process by inputting and retrieving information from a computer system, confirming pertinent information including number of guests and room rate. Promote Crescent and brand marketing programs. Make appropriate selection of rooms based on guest needs. Code electronic keys. Non-verbally confirm the room number and rate. Provide welcome folders containing room keys, certificates, coupons and refreshment center keys as appropriate.
3. Verify and imprint credit cards for authorization using electronic acceptance methods. Handle cash, make change and balance an assigned house bank. Accept and record vouchers, travelers checks, and other forms of payment. Convert foreign currency at current posted rates. Post charges to guest rooms and house accounts using the computer.
4. Promptly answer the telephone using positive and clear communication. Input messages into the computer. Retrieve messages and communicate the content to the guest. Retrieve mail, small packages and facsimiles for customers as requested.
5. Close guest accounts at time of check out and ascertain satisfaction. In the event of dissatisfaction, negotiate compromise, which may include authorizing revenue allowances.
6. Field guest complaints, conducting thorough research to develop the most effective solutions and negotiate results. Listen and extend assistance in order to resolve problems such as price conflicts, insufficient heating or air conditioning, etc. Remain calm and alert especially during emergency situations and heavy hotel activity. Plan and implement detailed steps by using experienced judgment and discretion.
7. Comply with attendance rules and be available to work on a regular basis.
8. Prepare daily Restaurant Revenue Report data by auditing Point of Service tapes/journals to breakdown revenue, covers, waiters' fees, tips paid out and settlements by type and cashier.
9. Run audit reports/journals from the front office system, Point of Service and the computer.
10. Make corrections and adjustments and handle all computer problems that might occur throughout the shift.
11. Input into the front office system revenue/expenses/allowances to generate the daily reports such as the Guest Ledger Summary and the Daily Restaurant Summary.
12. Balance all revenue and settlement accounts nightly, maintain files and reset the system for next day operations.
13. Comply with attendance rules and be available to work on a regular basis.
14. Perform any other job related duties as assigned.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Must have the ability to communicate in English. Self-starting personality with an even disposition. Maintain a professional appearance and manner at all times. Can communicate well with guests. Must be willing to “pitch-in” and help co-workers with their job duties and be a team player. Considerable skill in the use of a calculator to prepare moderately complex mathematical calculations without error. Ability to effectively deal with internal and external customers, some of whom will require high levels of patience, tact and diplomacy to defuse anger, collect accurate information and resolve conflicts. Ability to stand and move throughout front office and continuously perform essential job functions. Ability to access and accurately input information using a moderately complex computer system. Basic Mathematical Competency. Ability to observe and detect signs of emergency situations. Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with associates, customers and patrons
Previous Front Desk / Night Audit Experience
Our customers are what we are about. One of the keys to a positive guest experience is positive interaction with Crescent staff. It is essential that you remain professional at all times, and that you treat all guests and associates with courtesy and respect, under all circumstances. Every Crescent associate is a guest relations ambassador, every working minute of every day.
In order to maintain a positive guest and associate experience, your work habits should always meet and strive to exceed hotel standards for work procedures, dress, grooming, punctuality and attendance. You should be adaptable to change in your work area and in hotel procedures with a willingness to learn new skills and/or improve existing ones, have the ability to solve routine problems that occur on the job and ask for help whenever you are not sure how to do something.
Safety & Security:
The safety and security of our guests and associates is of utmost importance to Crescent. Every Crescent associate should adhere to the hotel security policies and procedures, particularly regarding key controls, lifting heavy objects, using chemicals, and effectively reporting safety hazards and safety concerns.
This description excludes non-essential and marginal functions of the position that are incidental to the performance of the fundamental job duties. Furthermore, the specific examples in each section are not intended to be all-inclusive. Rather, they represent the typical elements and criteria considered necessary to perform the job successfully. Other job-related duties may be assigned by the associate’s supervisor.
Furthermore, this description is subject to change, in the sole discretion of the Company, and in no way creates an employment contract, implied or otherwise; each associate remains, at all times, an “at will” associate.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
888 Chesterbrook Boulevard
Wayne, PA 19087
229 Room All Suite
Set in a beautiful valley just 25 minutes from downtown Philadelphia, the Embassy Suites Philadelphia Valley Forge hotel is perfect for both leisure and business travelers. Experience the local shops at the King of Prussia Mall, the largest mall on the East Coast, or enjoy a scenic walk around the Valley Forge National Historical Park.
Make us your choice among Valley Forge hotels and enjoy more space and freedom in an Embassy Suites guest suite. All suites at this Philadelphia hotel feature contemporary decor, complimentary WiFi, a private bedroom, separate living room and an LCD TV.
Host meetings in the hotel’s beautiful function spaces for convenient and successful events of up to 150 guests. Plunge into the hotel’s swimming pool, and relax on the sundeck. Stay active in the fitness center with cardio machines and a separate weight room, or go back to the basics on the jogging track adjacent to the hotel.
Enjoy a complimentary cooked-to-order breakfast every morning at this Valley Forge hotel, and unwind with complimentary drinks and snacks at the Complimentary Evening Reception. Delight in delicious contemporary cuisine at the hotel’s signature restaurant, The Grille at Chesterbrook. Relax and unwind with colleagues and friends alike at the sophisticated E Bar Lounge.