Are you interested in joining a great team!! Join our F&B Manager Event team!
BASIC SUMMARY: The Food & Beverage Manager is responsible for providing consistent quality service through professional food and beverage service management in the Meeting & Events department. The Food & Beverage Manager – Events will manage banquets and events.
QUALIFICATIONS: EDUCATION, KNOWLEDGE, TRAINING & WORK EXPERIENCE
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each of the essential duties and responsibilities satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Must have High School Diploma or High School Equivalency Diploma (HSED).
Previous leadership experience in hospitality environment preferred.
Beverages experience preferred.
Must have excellent organizational, administrative, communicative, guest relations, problem solving, and leadership skills.
Must be at least 21 years of age.
Must be able to obtain and maintain a valid gaming license.
Must be able to possess a valid employee alcohol permit per Indiana Alcohol and Tobacco regulations.
Must be hands-on and able to perform hourly functions when needed.
Must always present a hospitality mentality--warm and generous.
Must always promote and ensure a teamwork and guest satisfaction environment.
Must be able to be certified in ServSafe, TIPS, and Delphi.
1. Maintains a professional behavior and demeanor at all times.
2. Sets example for attendance, service, appearance standards, and interpersonal communication.
3. Ensures effective solution oriented communication within the Meetings & Events department and with other departments throughout the Resort.
4. Implements and executes all banquet and events operational and administrative systems for food and beverage.
5. Ensures the beverage service policies of the company are strictly adhered to.
6. Assists in obtaining forecasted goals in areas of labor cost, expenses, and food and beverage costs.
7. Has thorough knowledge of banquet and event service procedures and standards.
8. Assists in interviewing staff for positions within the area of responsibility to maintain a high level of professionally trained associates.
9. Directs and supervises all staff in opening duties, execution of functions, and completion of closing duties.
10. Monitors weekly schedule to ensure staffing is appropriate to business levels.
11. Confirms the daily review and approval of all associate timecards.
12. Ensures associate possesses proper credentials, including employee alcohol permits and gaming license if necessary.
13. Directs and assists with operational duties during functions.
14. Actively involved in all personnel related issues including hiring, training, coaching, and counseling of assigned variable staff.
15. Ensures that all policies and procedures are adhered to; seeks guidance of Human Resources.
16. Assists in ongoing training of staff.
17. Ensures a clean, safe, and orderly area, both front and back of the house, for guests and associates.
18. Attends and conducts all meetings as required.
19. Provides direction and focus for the department in conjunction with the focus of the company as a whole via specific projects and areas of concentration.
20. Maintains department training manuals, as well as ensuring those points of training topics are identified and presented at monthly department meetings.
21. Maintains accurate client billing systems to maximize the highest possible revenue for the Resort.
22. Evaluates all associates on performance standards in accordance with Company policies. Evaluation forms should be completed candidly, objectively, and in a timely fashion. Offers guidance and sets time frames for performance improvement.
23. Provides assistance in other job classifications as determined necessary by leadership.
24. Attends and conducts meetings as required both within the department and within the property organizational structure.
25. Displays and teaches good professional guest satisfaction techniques.
26. Provides professional communication with guests and Meeting & Events Planning Managers and their staff to ensure maximum guest satisfaction and program success.
27. Performs other duties as reasonably requested by leadership.
By the mid-1990s, French Lick Spring Hotel, although still in operation, was a mere shell of its former glory and the abandoned West Baden Springs Hotel was literally crumbling to the ground. As with any great comeback story it all started with people who refused to give up – local volunteers and the folks at Indiana Landmarks. Seeing West Baden Springs Hotel in complete ruin devastated the group whose mission it is to save such cherished properties. Soon the Cook family, devoted preservationists who themselves led the restoration of many Indiana buildings, joined the cause and committed more than $500 million dollars to not only save the West Baden Springs Hotel but also the French Lick Springs Hotel. The Cook family wanted their preservation work to result in living, breathing historic places that would be around for centuries to come. Visit French Lick Resort to fully experience this “save of the century.”
Whether you’re just beginning your career journey or looking for a new professional challenge, French Lick Resort has a career path for you! Our resort includes two AAA Four-Diamond historic hotels, two nationally-acclaimed golf courses, a casino, two world-class spas, over a dozen food and beverage venues and retail shops. With so many amenities we have a variety of Full-time, Variable (Part-time) and Seasonal opportunities for you to join our team.
Guests know us for our Friendly Staff who create Memorable Experiences. If you are interested in exploring career opportunities with us and want to join our team to accomplish our mission to “Exceed Guest Expectations,” then click here for current career opportunities.
The tradition lives on
Established in 1845, with the original east wing built in 1901, French Lick Springs Hotel seamlessly blends its fascinating history and modern amenities and services. With family-friendly activities and facilities, it is an ideal destination for special occasion celebrations. Whether it’s golf, spa, horseback riding, swimming, tennis or shopping, this classic American hotel has something everyone can enjoy.
Create a remarkable luxury experience
For a one-of-a-kind experience, look no further than West Baden Springs Hotel. Once called the “Eighth Wonder of the World”, the focal point of this historic hotel is the Atrium that spans 200 feet. The European-influenced architecture sets an elegant ambiance for romantic getaways or weddings. With incomparable meeting spaces for corporate retreats, atmosphere entertainment, special events and more, there are endless possibilities for a truly extraordinary stay.