This position is focused on supporting the information technology (IT) general controls testing for both Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) and non-SOX environments. The SOX IT Auditor will perform SOX IT control testing, which may include assisting the Senior SOX IT Auditor with the development of the SOX IT plan and system development frameworks and standards, operating policies and procedures, system security and programming, backup and disaster recovery, and system maintenance controls.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
As an IT Auditor, your responsibilities include:
· Work with the Senior IT Auditor to complete the annual IT SOX audit plan within assigned deadlines.
· Exhibit a strong understanding of business risks, controls, and testing methodologies as they related to auditing of IT SOX controls.
· Review key IT controls based on Internal Controls over Financial Reporting (ICFR) program requirements and discuss related testing approaches with the SOX IT Senior.
· Perform IT general controls and application controls testing including System and Organization Controls (SOC) Reports at all in-scope properties in support of the SOX compliance program.
· Perform testing of key SOX reports.
· Work with departmental management to design and implement spreadsheet testing used in the execution of key controls, as assigned.
· Perform IT internal control and business process walkthroughs to assist in the evaluation of design effectiveness of general and automated IT controls.
· Identify internal control deficiencies, inadequate documentation/evidence, and other irregularities.
· Analyze potential financial statement exposure as it relates to IT control deficiencies.
· Assist in the follow-up of control deficiencies and gaps identified through IT assessments to ensure that management has taken corrective action. Perform remediation testing as applicable.
· Assist the SOX IT Senior in making recommendations to management for updating their control process documentation.
· Prepare high-quality, well documented work papers to ensure consistency between test objectives, evidence obtained, and test results, in accordance with department standards.
· Keep the Senior SOX IT Auditor apprised of the testing status and escalate exceptions/key issues for review.
· Maintain up to date knowledge of compliance guidelines, interpretations, and standards.
· Assist team members in various internal audit projects as applicable.
· Technical Capacity.
· Communication Proficiency.
· Problem Solving/Analysis.
· Organization Skills.
· Teamwork Orientation.
· Time Management.
· Customer/Client Focus.
· Strategic Thinking.
This position operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phone, photocopier, filing cabinets and fax machines. The noise level is usually moderate.
While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move objects up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
· Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or Management Information Systems, required. A concentration in Information Technology, preferred.
· 2+ years of experience in IT audit, or other relevant areas, required.
· Relevant certificates or license indicating knowledge of internal controls/internal audit concepts (CISA, CISSP, CPA, CIA), preferred.
· 2+ years of experience evaluating the design and effectiveness of IT processes and controls over financial and operational functions, preferred.
· Strong understanding of control procedures and frameworks.
· Experience designing and implementing SOX IT Controls, preferred.
· Strong verbal and written communication skills.
· Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications.
· SQL, UNIX, Windows skills preferred.
· ACL, IDEA, and/or other analytical software skills preferred.
· Oracle, Hyperion, and other ERP software skills preferred.
All applicants must be able to demonstrate their US work authorization during the employment verification process.
Bally's Corporation currently owns and manages 11 casinos across seven states, a horse racetrack, and 13 authorized OTB licenses in Colorado. With more than 5,400 employees, the Company's operations include 11,859 slot machines, 405 game tables and 2,538 hotel rooms. Properties include Twin River Casino Hotel (Lincoln, RI), Tiverton Casino Hotel (Tiverton, RI), Hard Rock Hotel & Casino (Biloxi, MS), Casino Vicksburg (Vicksburg, MS), Eldorado Resort Casino Shreveport (Shreveport, LA), Dover Downs Hotel & Casino (Dover, DE), Bally's Atlantic City (Atlantic City, NJ), Casino KC (Kansas City, MO), Golden Gates Casino (Black Hawk, CO), Golden Gulch Casino (Black Hawk, CO), Mardi Gras Casino (Black Hawk, CO), and Arapahoe Park racetrack (Aurora, CO). Following the completion of pending acquisitions, which include Tropicana Evansville (Evansville, IN), Jumer's Casino & Hotel (Rock Island, IL), and MontBleu Resort Casino & Spa (Lake Tahoe, NV), the Company will own and manage 14 casinos across 10 states. Its shares trade on the New York Stock Exchange under the ticker symbol "BALY."