Develops and implements marketing strategies designed to achieve RevPar/share-of-wallet (non-room revenue) goals for departments including, but not limited to, spa, food and beverage, retail, concierge, and front office. Manages all in-hotel messaging to guests. Updates hotel web page content as needed to insure up-to-date accuracy. Liaises with key departmental leaders and teams to assist with developing and implementing marketing plans and goals. Develops, plans, and executes programs as necessary to achieve stated revenue goals. Manages workflow with on-property graphic designer to verify all in-house marketing messages/materials are on-strategy and within budget.
Education and Experience
• 2-year degree from an accredited university in Business Administration, Marketing, Sales, or related major; 3 years' experience in Marketing or a comparable professional area.
• 4-year bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Marketing, Sales, or related major; 1 year experience in Marketing or a comparable professional area.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Conducting Marketing Activities to Achieve Departmental Goals
• Implements regular tracking of initiatives to determine results.
• Updates hotel web page content as needed to insure up-to-date accuracy.
• Manages all in-hotel messaging to guests including, but not limited to: AstroVision, Janus, plasma screens, front desk electronic signage, in-room and in-hotel collateral, iConnect, entertainment guides, duratrans, pole banners, on-hold messages, in-room videos, transportation videos, wayfinding, fast maps, key cards, etc.).
Developing and Implementing Marketing Strategies
• Liaises with key operators of each department to determine goals and marketing needs.
• Liaises with hotel Director of Public Relations to provide communications tools as needed for the implementation of local/regional publicity and promotions initiatives.
• Works with brand Vice Presidents and Brand Marketing Managers to assist with implementation of brand leisure transient and group market strategies at hotel level as needed.
• Coordinates and implements Strategic Alliance partner marketing program elements.
• Develops, plans, and executes programs as necessary to achieve stated revenue goals.
• Manages workflow with on-property graphic designer to verify all in-house marketing messages/materials are on-strategy and within budget.
• Liaises with brand VPs for all local/regional media needs related to non-rooms revenue initiatives.
Managing and Conducting Human Resources Activities
• Interviews, selects and trains employees.
• Directs the work of employees.
• Sets and adjusts employees' rates of pay and hours of work.
• Handles employee complaints and executes disciplinary action as needed.
• Evaluates employee's productivity and efficiency for the purpose of recommending promotions or other changes in status.
• Conducts annual performance appraisal with direct reports according to Standard Operating Procedures.
MIRJMarriott International is an equal opportunity employer. We believe in hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive, people-first culture. We are committed to non-discrimination on any protected basis, such as disability and veteran status, or any other basis covered under applicable law.
Escape to an island paradise steeped in rich cultural and traditional Hawaiian customs when you stay at The Ritz-Carlton Kapalua. From the moment guests arrive at our breathtaking Maui resort, they are enveloped in captivating surroundings featuring lush flora and greeted with a warm Aloha reception with a Kukui Nut Lei. With direct access to the secluded, award-winning D.T. Fleming Beach, guests of the luxury Maui hotel can relax in the sun, or connect with the natural, tropical environment through hiking, snorkeling and a variety of other outdoor activities.From tropical rainforest hikes to ancient Hawaiian burial grounds, let us help create an unforgettable Maui escape that offers impeccable service and luxurious resort amenities in a breathtaking Hawaiian setting. Whether your ideal vacation is appreciating the natural beauty of the island of Hawaii, discovering the fascinating local customs or rejuvenating your senses at The Ritz-Carlton Spa, Kapalua, our world-renowned Maui resort is sure to delight. Maui has been named “Best Island” by Condé Nast Traveler for eighteen consecutive years, making our luxury Hawaii resort a premiere destination for remarkable vacations. The Ritz-Carlton, Kapalua is a Tier 3 property in The Ritz-Carlton Rewards.