The San Manuel Band of Mission Indians (SMBMI) is a self-governing nation and as such has established tribal-managed governmental units to enhance and support services on the San Manuel reservation. The San Manuel Tribal Gaming Commission (SMTGC) is the governmental unit created by tribal ordinance as the primary regulator of gaming within the SMBMI’s jurisdiction, including the San Manuel Casino (Casino). The Gaming Commission, which includes the Investigations Department, is responsible for maintaining legal and regulatory compliance, ensuring a high level of integrity, preventing fraud, waste and abuse; and safeguarding Tribal and Casino assets, employees and patrons.The Investigation Department is critical to the organization and its efforts to identify and mitigate risks inherent to the business. Under the supervision of the Investigation Director, the Investigator will carry out the tactical and strategic objectives established in support of the SMTGC and its responsibility to protect the gaming operation and assets; and ensuring a high standard of integrity and honesty in all areas of the operation. In doing so, the Investigator will accurately and confidentially conduct investigations that may be multifaceted and involve complex facts and circumstances. These investigations may include crimes and/or violations against property, misconduct by employees as well as other areas as designated by internal and external stakeholders.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
1. Conducts objective, fair, thorough, unbiased and timely investigations into allegations of fraud, waste or abuse involving property, misconduct by employees, and/or other areas as deemed necessary. Investigations will range in complexity. Some may require minimal due diligence pertaining to the specific activity while others may involve complex source of funds investigations involving enhanced due diligence procedures and exercise of sound judgement in recommendations to senior management.
2. Lead assigned investigations involving whistleblower allegations, criminal activity by employees or patrons, violations of Casino internal controls and/or policies and procedures, work place violence, and use of force, among others.
3. Independently develops and implements investigative plans that comprises an acute understanding of the allegation(s) at issue as well as the jurisdiction involved and/or impacted by the allegation(s).
4. Synthesizes all of the evidence/documents obtained into a logical, concise and accurate investigative report that includes the proper citation of the supporting documentation. Independently assess facts and/or evidence obtained and make recommendations based on that independent assessment.
5. Prepares for, coordinates and conducts witness interviews to obtain relevant evidence and information.
6. Performs research using open source (internet) and social media sites to identify and assess current vulnerabilities within the gaming industry and provide recommendations to mitigate risks.
7. Assists law enforcement and prosecutorial agencies from the local, state, and federal levels to protect the gaming operation and Tribal assets.
8 .Escalates investigations involving highly sensitive matters per internal policies and procedures.
9. Conducts surveillance operations and intelligence gathering as needed.
10. Perform other duties as assigned to support the efficient operation of the department.
San Manuel Band of Mission Indians and San Manuel Casino will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990.
As one of the largest private employers in the Inland Empire, San Manuel deeply cares about the future, growth and well-being of its employees. Join our team today!
All applicants must be able to demonstrate their US work authorization during the employment verification process.
San Manuel Casino is located in Highlands, CA, just 60 minutes from downtown Los Angeles, and a short drive from LA-Ontario International Airport. The gaming facility is operated by the San Manuel Entertainment Authority, an economic instrumentality of the San Manuel Band of Mission Indians. The casino floor contains over 4,800 of the latest and most innovative slot machines in a state-of-the-art facility. It features over 130 Vegas-style poker and blackjack tables, an exclusive high-limit room, and a designated Poker room.
Food & Beverage venues include Big Mo’ Cafe, Tutu's Food Court with fast-food options around the clock, Rock & Brews with a wide selection of craft burgers and craft beer from around the world, as well as legendary comedian George Lopez's Chingon Kitchen, which provides an authentic Mexican dining experience. Guests can dance the night away with DJ's at Bar Bar Bar, listen to Rock'n Roll tribute bands on stage at Rock & Brews, or enjoy Latin music at George Lopez's Chingon Tequila Lounge.
Indian gaming in California is an exciting, thriving industry. Whether working on the casino floor or providing support to gaming operations as a “behind the scenes” employee, you can contribute to a dynamic and challenging business and have opportunities to learn and grow with the gaming industry. At San Manuel, our team members define us. Working at San Manuel is more than just a job. It is a career that will help you grow into the successful professional you want to be. Apply today to join our team!