We are recruiting a Conference & Events Planning Executive to join our Business Development team. Do you have a passion for organizing events? Do you love creating an exceptional conference or event for our clients? This is your chance!
One of the most recognized names in the industry, Hilton Hotels & Resorts and DoubleTree by Hilton offers travellers a world of authentic experiences. The brand continues to be the innovative, forward-thinking global leader of hospitality. With products and services that meet the needs of tomorrow's savvy global travellers, we shape experiences in which every Guest feels cared for, valued, and respected.
WHAT WILL I BE DOING?
In your new role as Conference &Events Planning Executive, you will be jointly responsible for the overall function of the Conference & Events department, specifically focused on planning. You will act as a point of contact and support for hotel clients of all levels, encompassing conferences, incentives and events. Specifically you will:
- Responsible for all future planning programs and large scale program planning
- Ensure Hilton Brand Standards such as Hilton EventReady and any relevant Health & Safety requirements are met for all events, including those overseen by Conference & Events Coordinators.
- Oversee and provide excellent and comprehensive event orders to deliver and exceed customer expectations.
- Responsible for your own events from a-z and will be working together with our Conference & Events operational team.
- Have a commercial focus and maximise revenue through actively upselling.
- Ensure all deposits are received and accuracy in final invoice.
- Manage event related systems (eg. Delphi Property Administrator, Meetingbroker Administrator) to remain in line with required Hilton brand standards.
- Consistently strive to develop internal & external relationships and ensuring customer loyalty to Hilton and assist in making Hilton events the Market leader.
- Provide monthly forecasts and regular updates on anticipated changes to the business levels.
- Conduct Site Inspections of the hotel with potential clients.
- Maintain policies & procedures and checklists for department.
- Assist in the training and development of new Team Members and event coordinators.
WHAT ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
The ideal candidate will have a mature approach and management style with a passion for delivering customised events that exceed guest expectations. To be successful in your application, you must hold the following skills, experience and behaviours:
A minimum of 12 months experience in a similar role (preferably within the Hotel/Hospitality Industry).
A minimum of 3 years’ experience in Event Management and 1 years’ experience in Reservations.
A supervisory background in Hotel operations (eg. Front Desk or Food & Beverage) an advantage
Commercially driven and goal oriented
A tertiary level qualification or equivalent experience
Positive attitude and ability to respond to a range of different work situations
Strong administration, organisational and planning skills
Team orientated with demonstrated people and communication skills
Excellent written and verbal communication skills
WHAT IS IN IT FOR ME?
As a Hilton team member you can expect to receive the following and more:
Competitive benefits such as incentive programs, daily dry-cleaned uniform and hot meal in our Team Member restaurant
Member of the Hilton GO program giving you access to discounted room and F&B rates worldwide
Access to Hilton University training, offering more than 5,000 learning programs
Participate in ongoing recognition
Leadership training & development and worldwide career opportunities