At Spruce Peak we have something special. As the premier Vermont mountain community, we live and work surrounded by the natural beauty of the Green Mountains. Our slopeside hotel is gorgeous for year-round adventures, escapes, destination weddings, and more. Our staff prides itself in our teamwork, our high standards, and our diversity. In addition to competitive pay and health benefits, Spruce Peak employees enjoy a host of great benefits, both locally and world-wide, including ski-passes, fitness memberships, and free or discounted stays at Hyatt hotels worldwide. Come join our family, we think you’re special too!
Join the Lodge at Spruce Peak as Staff Accountant. The Staff Accountant assists in the operations of the Accounting Department, under the guidance of the Controller and Director of Finance. The Staff Accountant will ensure that all assigned functions are performed accurately, on a timely basis and according to Hotel, ownership and Hyatt standards.
By joining this team, you will be working independently within a very supportive and dynamic team to ensure that the department provide the upmost accuracy of accounting and analysis, while thriving to improve on efficiency and processes. The Lodge at Spruce Peak, The Club at Spruce Peak, and the Stowe Country Club accounting offer unique accounting and operational challenges that offer opportunity for growth as an accountant who understands the business.
We are looking for someone who is familiar with the core Accounting functions listed to be applied to a specific aspect of the business. The position is currently open for a specialization in Project and Fixed Asset accounting with additional responsibility of allocation & recurring entries but will evolved to other aspects of the business, offering a great growth opportunity.
What to expect: core Accounting Function tasks
· Audit daily and monthly reports to create appropriate journal entries in compliance with GAAP, Hyatt and property SOP, with the objective of producing the monthly financials to be reviewed by ownership and the management company.
· Prepare journal entries with adequate supporting documentation and backup
· Maintain complete knowledge of and comply with all departmental policies, service procedures and standards to ensure that those entries are meeting audit requirements.
· Alert management of potentially serious issues, and help develop solutions
· Support and guide operational teams to achieve, plan and organize work, communicate goals and schedule/assign work and process to achieve a correct accounting.
· Preparation of balance sheet reconciliations on a monthly basis.
· Assists with the annual internal and external audit process.
· Follow up on requests to ensure guest satisfaction; respond diligently to guest, coworkers, and member requests in a friendly manner.
· College degree in Accounting or Business preferred, or equivalent work experience
· Three to Five years of related experience.
· Fluency in job related English, both verbal and non-verbal.
· Knowledge of accounting (Oracle) and property specific systems including but not limited to Springer Miller, Infogenesis, Simphony Oracle, SpaSoft, and Microsoft Office suite preferred.
· Compute basic mathematical calculations (add, subtract, multiply and divide numbers) including ability to review and understand allocation.
· Strong Microsoft Excel skills.
What skills you are expected to have:
· Perform job functions with minimal supervision.
· Operate effectively in stressful situations.
· Ability to input and access information into and from a computer.
· Provide legible communication and directions.
· Maintain concentration and think clearly.
· Focus on details and resolve numerical problems.
· Prioritize, organize and follow up on outstanding issues.
· Maintain confidentiality of data.
· Provide clear and pleasant communication, written, oral and over the phone.
· Work as a team with other departments and co-workers.
· Strong organizational and time management discipline.
· Solid judgment and ability to resolve conflicts effectively.
Spruce Peak offers guests over 300 beautiful guest stay options, including The Lodge, a luxurious 4-diamond resort at the center of The Village, our large luxury rental collection and the highly coveted Spruce Peak Penthouses. Each guest stay experience at Spruce Peak is designed to feel like it’s truly a part of the mountain.
Steeped in natural beauty, Spruce Peak is Stowe's only slopeside destination, featuring luxury accommodations and year-round recreation. It's a place to discover all manner of passions, from alpine skiing and snowboarding to mountain biking and fly fishing; from rounds on the mountain golf course to course after course of mouthwatering fare, Spruce Peak has something for everyone.