This will be a dual role, supporting two properties: Renaissance Des Moines Savery and Renaissance St. Louis Airport. Associate will be based at the Renaissance Des Moines Savery.
We're looking for motivated individuals who have a passion for the hospitality industry and embrace integrity, service, grit, respect, empowerment, ambition and teamwork - all of the core values that cultivate our winning culture of success.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Grow RevPAR and RevPAR Index.
- Daily room inventory management
- Monitor hotel and competitor rates, availability, strategies, and seasonality and adjust pricing accordingly.
- Review unconstrained demand and provide recommendations for the optimal mix of business.
- Establish target pricing for Group and Transient and by segment.
- Analyze local events and project their impact.
- Prepare weekly and monthly forecasts.
- Lead the weekly strategy meeting; reviewing prior week's decisions to evaluate effectiveness; following up on assigned tasks of others;; critiquing year over year variances by segment; etc.
- Conduct displacement analysis with group or contract.
- Review STR reports and provide analysis of hotel performance against their comp set.
- Utilize systems and resources including One Yield, MRDW, HPP, and CI/TY.
- Review additional tools such as Hotelligence or Demand Positioning reports.
- Assist with the preparation of the annual rooms revenue budget and business plans.
- Ensure distribution channels have accurate content and pricing.
- Develop relationships with the Online Travel Agencies (OTA) or Third Party Intermediaries (TPI) to maximize opportunities through these channels.
- Assist with internet marketing campaigns, GDS advertising, etc.
- Assist in developing the hotel managers so that they become proficient with revenue management.
- Review prior days results and opportunities.
- Monitor group blocks and cut off dates.
- Work with the hotel to ensure coding and tracking is performed correctly.
- Review production of negotiated accounts with hotel's sales leader.
Education and/or Experience:
- Hotel Management, Business and/or related degree preferred
- Minimum of two (2) years revenue management experience with Marriott.
- Experience with hotel sales software such as CI/TY preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Exceptional service and customer relations skills with ability to foster effective relationships with staff, management and clientele.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and ability to communicate ideas and concepts.
- Highly proficient in computers including, but not limited to the "Internet", Microsoft Office programs and hotel sales related programs.
- Strong facilitation and presentation skills.
Schulte Hospitality Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.