Posted May 24, 2021DoubleTree Resort by Hilton Hotel Lancaster
We Create Great Experiences! Come Join Our TEAM! We value and take care of our Team Members and provide a safe and friendly environment in which to work. We exceed Covid safety standards to keep you safe.
This position protects hotel guests and property inside the hotel. The Security Officer protects the hotel premises against theft, fire, vandalism and trespassers.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
· Must be able to remain calm in tense situations and be able to take charge in the event of an emergency.
· Frequently addresses complex, sensitive or controversial matters that can have a major impact on the Company.
· Must have knowledge and understanding of the operation of the fire panels.
· Patrols public areas to detect fires, unsafe conditions, and missing or inoperative safety equipment.
· Act as a liaison between police and the hotel in the event that there is a situation needed police attention.
· Confers with management, interviews Guests, Team Members and other persons when investigating disturbances, complaints, thefts, vandalism and accidents.
· Officer responds to complaints of thievery, disorder, and other disturbances within the hotel, restaurant and its parking areas. This may include contacting the local Police Department to give assistance.
· Other tasks may include warning or removing unauthorized individuals from the hotel, restaurant and parking areas to eliminate the unwanted harassment of hotel and restaurant guests. This may include contacting the local Police Department to give assistance.
· Assists management and enforcement officers (Fire, EMT, Police) in emergency situations.
Education and/or Experience
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); and 2-5 years related experience, training or trade/technical school training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
Certificates, License, Registrations
Valid PA Driver’s Licenses.
CPR Certification preferred (training provided)
RAMP Certified (training provided)
Hilton Brand Standards (training provided upon hire)
Doubletree Resort at Willow Valley is part of an extraordinary third-generation family business built in the heart of scenic Lancaster County, Pennsylvania. In 1965, the Thomas family set out to create a way of working and living based on treating everyone with the kindness and generosity of family, living out the tenets of their faith.
The Doubletree commitment to providing every guest a warm and sincere welcome, as represented by the signature Doubletree Chocolate Chip Cookie, is a perfect fit with the Willow Valley’s culture of warmth and hospitality. This caring attitude is appreciated by visitors from around the country as well as local residents, and the Thomas family is an active part of the Lancaster community.
At DoubleTree, service is more than just giving guests a quick and efficient check-in and a clean room. DoubleTree is committed to providing more than what guests expect and strives to differentiate its services from competitors when travelers stay at any DoubleTree across the globe.
We call this a Culture of CARE
It’s Doubletree’s commitment to total service quality. The CARE concept grew out of the belief that if you treat guests and team members with CARE, they’ll stay with you.