Genuine Hospitality is seeking a General Manager for its newly acquired 147-room Four Points by Sheraton – Cleveland, Airport. Candidate must have high integrity, dependability, positive demeanor and have high standard excellence. Candidate will be responsible for all aspects of hotels day to day operations including but not limited to overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of this property along with guest & associate satisfaction, creating fantastic culture, financial performance, sales & revenue generation. One must be self-driven and motivated with excellent time management skills to stay up to speed with the latest requirements of Hilton Brand Standards and hotel industry standards.
- Handle any guest problem or complaint in a professional and courteous manner.
- Personally, demonstrates a commitment to guest service by anticipating and responding to guests needs.
- Making every guest completely satisfied with their stay.
- Trains all staff on how to interact with the guests and the procedures on a guest complaint.
- Empowers hotel staff to deliver guest service by encouraging and motivating responsive guest assistance.
- Marketing and Sales Management:
- Leading, engaging & managing sales process for the hotel.
- Works with Sales to develop and implement a sales plan based on the demand of the property in order to obtain new business.
- Devotes a minimum of 2 days in a week assisting with sales related activities to improve the revenue performance of the hotel attend weekly revenue management meetings.
- Delivering premium market share
- Helps maintain a conservative budget in order to maximize profit margin.
- Control labor and expenses in all areas of operations.
- Identifies potential revenue and expense opportunities and possible problems.
- Trains all staff in financial control procedures for cash, vouchers, inventories and receivables.
- Utilize budgets and understands financial objectives while balancing costs with guest satisfaction & quality.
Human Resource Management:
- Create market-leading workplace culture and atmosphere.
- Manages human resources functions including recruiting, selection, orientation, training, performance planning and evaluation.
- Ensures employees understand policies, pay procedures, and benefits.
- Input Bi-weekly payroll into the company timekeeping system and comply with all Payroll Department deadlines
- Ensure there is adequate coverage across all departments and must avoid overtime hours.
- Must understand that overtime hours for any staff can only be scheduled with prior approval.
- Conduct regular Departmental Meetings(monthly) along with quarterly meeting with the entire team.
- Maintains physical product standards by managing preventative maintenance programs and by scheduling deep-clean activities.
- Ensures ongoing staff and employee involvement in preventative maintenance programs.
- Protects the interest of the hotel during capital projects.
- Has outstanding property Quality Evaluations.
- Inspects hotel rooms, building exterior, parking lot.
- Comply with all brand standards, be guest and inspection ready every day.
Safety and Security Management:
- Knows local health and safety codes and regulations that apply to the hotel.
- Understands and implements "Right to Know" laws
- Recognizes and corrects potential safety hazards.
- Understands and follows policies and procedures for the hotel's key control system and ensures others are trained in same
- Uses ongoing safety training to minimize worker's compensation claims.
- Comply and adhere to all company policies and procedures.
- Responsible for hotel accident prevention programs
- Have a sound knowledge of all emergency procedures.
- Manage day-to-day operations and assignments of the hotel.
- Perform all tasks required by the brand (daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly)
- Always Provides a professional image and attitude through appearance, dress, and behavior.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor or management.
- Leads by example and have a positive attitude towards Guest, Employees or Situations
- Adhere to all Franchise and Company procedures and regulations as well as standard operating procedures.
- Note: Other duties as assigned by supervisors or management
- Associate or bachelor's degree in Hotel & Restaurant Management, Business Administration, Finance or related major preferred or the equivalent work experience
- Minimum of 3-years in a General Manager capacity of Full-service or Select-service Hotel.
- Must have good interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing. Must be able to clearly articulate ideas to a diverse audience to include Guests, Associates, Management & Vendors
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule to meet hotel needs that include nights, weekends & holidays and be on-call as needed as the hotel operates 24 hours per day, non-stop year long.
- Must be available on call when away from work.
- Work to provide coverage in any department any time if an employee is out.
- Must possess a solid command of all Microsoft Office applications & PMS.
- Have a working knowledge of the maintenance & operating procedures of all departmental equipment.
- Human Resources: 3 years (Preferred)
- Hospitality: 3 years General Manager (Required)
- Microsoft Office: 3 years (Preferred)
- Marriott or Starwood experience a plus
- Medical / Dental / Vision
- Life Insurance / Long Term Disability /Short Term Disability
- Paid Vacation Days / Paid Personal Days /Paid Holidays
An Equal Opportunity Employer. We provide equal opportunity without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, marital status, or disability. EOE/AA.