· Oversee the operations of the Hotel accounting, including strong managerial skills with the ability to train and develop the accounting staff at the Hotel.
· Prepare accurate and timely monthly financial statements, accruals, journal entries, account reconciliations and variance analysis.
· Review of night audit package, including but not limited to, the Daily Revenue Report and posting to the general ledger.
· Prepare and review budgets, forecasts and operating results.
· Prepare monthly and quarterly sales, use and occupancy tax filings, including regulatory compliance concerning tax exempt revenue. Maintain compliance with all local, state and federal laws and regulations.
· Prepare daily reconciliations for cash, credit cards, accounts receivable and sales / occupancy taxes. Investigate and resolve variances.
· Ensures the proper and timely billing of all receivables, including individual, group, airlines and credit cards. Follow through and documents all written and verbal collection efforts for all accounts receivable. Respond to all inquiries regarding accounts receivable. Researches chargebacks, credit card variances and disputed charges.
· On a monthly basis, prepare required reports and documentation of all aged accounts receivable detail including a determination of the allowance for doubtful account and/or accounts receivable write-offs.
· Responsible for administering all accounts payables in a timely manner.
· Review and approval of weekly payroll, verifying compliance with laws and regulations.
· Ensure the Hotel follows current Accounting Policy Procedures and Controls. Review internal accounting processes for accuracy and effectiveness.
· Strong knowledge of US Generally Accepted Accounting Polices and the Uniform Systems of Accounts for the Lodging Industry.
· Continually look and recommend improvements and efficiencies to current accounting practices.
· Ensure that all house banks and petty cash are handled properly and are counted on a regular basis.
· Work closely and cooperate with the supervisors of all departments in the collection of financial data.
· Ability to handle multiple assignments.
· A four-year degree in accounting
· 2 - 4 years minimum related experience.
· Extensive knowledge of hotel operations, services and accounting.
· Accounting experience in full-service hotels.
· Proficiency in computer accounting systems and spreadsheets. Experience using M3, Opera, Micros, Profit Sword, iBuyEfficient a plus.
· Self-motivated to take charge and assume responsibility.
Strong written and oral communication skills.
The Holiday Inn® Washington - Capitol Hotel offers some of the best Washington, DC area accommodations. Guests love our amenities, which include free high-speed Internet access, Keurig Coffee Makers, in-room safes and a superior location that places you in walking distance to the National Air & Space Museum, the Museum of the Bible, the Museum of African American History and Culture, and the National Mall, which includes famous monuments like the Washington Monument.
You can host any type of meeting or event in up to 7 function rooms while in Washington, DC. Our hotel's newly renovated, modern facility includes a 24-hour Business Center with free Internet access, copy and print services. Numerous governmental agencies and businesses, such as DOE, DHHS, FAA, FEMA, HUD, NASA, and USDA, are near our location in the Washington, DC area.
Our accommodations put you just minutes from DC's most famous attractions, including the Lincoln, Jefferson, World War II, and MLK Jr. Memorials, along with the Holocaust Museum. You can spend the day exploring the Smithsonian Museums or take an afternoon tour of the White House.
Enjoy a cup of coffee from the on-site Starbucks, or enjoy a meal from the Capital Bistro or 21st Amendment Bar & Grill before exploring the Washington, DC area. Our accommodations also include a fitness center and a seasonal, rooftop pool.