Graduate Hotels®, is seeking a Guest Service Supervisorto join Graduate Iowa Cityand its wonderful team of hospitality enthusiasts.
Graduate Hotels creates authentic, playful spaces that connect a community’s travelers, students, and locals. Through thoughtfully curated design, creative F&B and community-focused events, we create hotels worthy of their hometown.
We are a diverse team of experience makers and storytellers. As a Graduate Hotels team member, you are the local insider shaping guest experiences. Our goal is to make every guest feel like a local even if it's their first time in town. In order to help you deliver on that goal, we encourage our team members to embody the same mindset as our guests through Graduate experiences and encouraged community exploration.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Monitors daily status of rooms, rates, discount rates and packages
· Maintains current list of available rooms for walk situations
· Coordinates blocking of rooms for groups
· Acts as the “Service Champion” for the Front Office and creates a positive atmosphere for guest relations
· Communicates hotel’s unique design elements for effective storytelling
· Reviews guest satisfaction results and property audits to identify areas of improvement
· Drives Front Desk Upsell Program to assist in maximizing hotel revenue
· Solicits employee feedback and utilizes an “open door” policy
· Ensures staff communicates effectively with other hotel departments
· Maintains productive relationship with Valet Parking provider
· Ensures prompt and courteous service to guests
· Pre-registers guests according to standards
· Monitors/maintains employee schedule
· Monitors and ensures VIP arrivals are executed to highest standard
· Keeps track of rooms to ensure accurate status and readiness for check-in
· Interacts positively and professionally with guests to resolve issues
· Other duties as assigned
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
· Front Desk operations experience
· High School Diploma/GED
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
· Knowledge of hotel Front Desk operations
· Basic math skills
· Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing
· Ability to exceed expectations of guests and team members
· Excellent time management skills
About Graduate Hotels®
Graduate Hotels is a hand-crafted collection of hotels that reside in dynamic university-anchored towns across the country. Each hotel pays homage to the heritage of its unique town through cultural nods to the local community. Launched in 2014, there are currently 28 hotels across the U.S. and an additional seven hotels set to open by the end of 2021. Graduate Hotels is owned by Adventurous Journeys (AJ) Capital Partners, a vertically integrated real estate developer, owner and operator. For more information on Graduate Hotels, please visit www.graduatehotels.com.
*Graduate Hotels is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Graduate Iowa City is more than just a place to lay your head. While you’re with us, tee off in our Topgolf Swing Suite, grab a cocktail at our laid-back throwback, Gene’s, and sip an espresso at Poindexter Coffee, Graduate Hotels’ coffee concept. We’re the perfect spot for Hawkeyes – and their dogs! Pets stay free at Graduate Hotels.
We are proudly perched on the Ped Mall and a twenty-minute walk from Kinnick Stadium, just ‘cross the river from campus. We’re home team for Hawkeye games or a downtown caucus. The cafe is ripe for riffing on policy and opinion over cocktails and coffees and our bar is stocked with downhome vibes and tapped for fun.
With more than 9,000 square feet of meeting and event space, our hotel has a large ballroom, flexible event space, breakout rooms and a boardroom designed to accommodate groups up to 600 for weddings, social gatherings, receptions, corporate meetings and much more.