Supervises and coordinates activities of employees, delivering spa services, including salon, skin care, program coordination, reservations, reception desk, massage and locker room areas. Focuses on ensuring guest and employee satisfaction and achieving the operating budget.
Education and Experience
• High school diploma or GED; 2 years experience in the spa, guest services, or related professional area.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Supporting Management of Spa Operations and Budgets
• Verifies that all employees have the proper supplies, equipment and uniforms.
• Manages supplies and equipment inventories within budget.
• Maintains cleanliness of spa and related areas and equipment.
• Understands the impact of department’s operations on the overall property financial goals and objectives.
Ensuring and Delivering Exceptional Customer Service
• Sets a positive example for guest relations.
• Interacts with guests to obtain feedback on product quality and service levels.
• Handles guest problems and complaints.
• Empowers employees to provide excellent customer service.
• Emphasizes guest satisfaction during all departmental meetings and focusing on continuous improvement.
• Strives to improve service performance.
Conducting Human Resources Activities
• Solicits employee feedback, utilizing an “open door” policy and reviewing employee satisfaction results to identify and address employee problems or concerns.
• Ensures employees understand expectations and parameters.
• Brings issues to the attention of the department manager and Human Resources as necessary.
• Observes service behaviors of employees and provides feedback to individuals.
• Participates in an on-going employee recognition program.
• Administers property policies fairly and consistently; conducts disciplinary procedures and documentation according to Standard and Local Operating Procedures (SOPs and LSOPS)
• Reviews guest comments and guest satisfaction results with employees.
• Supports a Spa orientation program for employees to receive the appropriate new hire training to successfully perform their job.
• Supervises on-going training initiatives and conducting training when appropriate.
• Maintains open, collaborative relationships with employees and ensures employees do the same within the team.
• Assists in supervision the day-to-day operations of the spa as necessary.Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer. We believe in hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive, people-first culture. We are committed to non-discrimination on any protected basis, such as disability and veteran status, or any other basis covered under applicable law.
Discover The Ritz-Carlton, Amelia Island, and experience a north Florida luxury resort where magnificent live oaks and Southern charm meet Florida’s warm ocean waves and white sand beaches. Located on a grand stretch of pristine coastline, this Amelia Island resort provides guests with an unforgettable escape. Take in ocean views from our luxury resort’s private balcony as you revel in picturesque sunsets from your suite. Rejuvenate at our on-site spa, indulge in fine dining, or play 18 holes on our private golf resort. Our Florida resort offers enjoyment for all our guests.To tour The Ritz-Carlton, Amelia Island luxury resort, please click to view the Photo Gallery. The Ritz-Carlton, Amelia Island is a Tier 2 property in The Ritz-Carlton Rewards.