More than a spa resort, health retreat, or luxury hotel, Miraval Austin is an unrivaled wellbeing space that puts purpose and people at our core, serving as a catalyst for changing lives and celebrating individuality. We are currently seeking an Part Time Estheticians to share our Vision – to create the most imaginative, authentic and meaningful wellness experience. Estheticians provides skincare, waxing and makeup application services and create an exceptional and nurturing guest experience. Will also be responsible for learning treatments specific to Miraval and all pertinent product lines.
- Adhere to all Texas Department of Licensing and Regulation (TDLR) standards and procedures for operation, sanitation and cleanliness.
- Maintain a professional, confidential practitioner-client relationship; understand and use universal precautions and code of ethics when providing services.
- Assess guest’s contraindications that may interfere with the ability to receive a service and modify treatments based on guest’s individual needs and/or preferences.
- Maintain exceptional knowledge of all services, products and ingredient and maintain the ability to be able to explain benefits, and recommend additional services and products.
- Maintain cleanliness of equipment and stations used, as well as, restock of linens and products between and at the end of each working shift.
- Must possess the ability to perform consecutive services in a pre-determined period of time.
- Work assigned schedule; begin and end all treatments on time; ensure work areas are clean and set according to procedures.
- Attend all scheduled meetings and professional trainings, as requested.
- Assists spa management in any and all tasks requested.
As part of the Hyatt and Miraval family, we offer a complete benefits package including
- Robust PTO Policy
- Health, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance for full-time colleagues.
- Free parking
- Complementary and discount Hyatt nights.
- Use of facilities, ability to participate in classes, and discounts on Spa services.
- 401(k) and ESPP.
Miraval Austin’s Life in Balance Spa is honored to receive not only one, but two distinguished awards in 2020 – North America’s Best Resort Spa and Texas’ Best Resort Spa. We are seeking candidates who are driven and committed to helping us achieve continued success. Miraval colleagues work in an environment that demands exceptional performance yet reaps great rewards. Whether it is career opportunities, job enrichment or a supportive work environment, if you are ready for this challenge, then we are ready for you.
Miraval Austin demonstrates a relentless commitment to a creating a safe working environment for all colleagues and guests with comprehensive protocols and training. Current procedures in our spa include:
- Accredited as a Global Biorisk Advisory Council (GBAC) STAR™ Facility which recognizes Miraval Austin as a showcase example of commitment to ensuring a clean, safe, and healthy environment for our employees, customers, and stakeholders.
- Guests are temperature checked in advance of all spa services.
- All Colleagues required to complete a wellness screening and temperature check upon arrival for their shift.
- All colleagues required to wear masks at all times, in addition to other PPE (gloves, smocks, faceshields, etc.) as required by their position.
- Guests must wear masks inside (with minimal exceptions) and outside if they are not able to socially distance.
- Must hold current Texas State Esthetics license issued by the Texas Department of Licensing and Regulation (TDLR).
- Requirement to provide a specific list of Miraval brand standard modalities.
- Effective time management, problem solving and communication skills are essential.
- Open availability including evenings, weekends and holidays is required.
- Maintain a positive attitude and focus on guest satisfaction in a luxury spa environment.
- Capable of dealing with stressful situations calmly and professionally.
- Solutions oriented approach to problem solving.
- Possess a current CPR/First Aid certificate or can receive this certificate within 1 month of hire.
- A professional demeanor and appearance.
- Friday - Monday availability is required
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Completed required instruction in esthetics through a commission-approved training program.
- Minimum of two years of esthetics experience at a resort/destination spa or day spa.