With thousands of hotels in over 100 countries and territories, Hilton offers countless opportunities to delight. From an open door to a welcoming smile and an exceptional experience, we offer the millions of travelers who stay with us every year a welcome they will never forget. In addition to our flagship brand, Hilton Hotels & Resorts, the family of brands includes Waldorf Astoria, LXR, Conrad, Canopy, Curio Collection, DoubleTree, Hilton Garden Inn, Hampton and many others.
If you appreciate the impact global travel can have on the world, you may be just the person we are looking for to work as a Hilton Team Member. Because it’s with Hilton where we never forget the reason we're here: to delight our guests, Team Members, and owners alike.
What will I be doing?
As the Design & Projects Manager, CapEx and FF&E - Greater China & Mongolia, you will be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
- Responsible for overall design and construction (D&C) aspects of assigned CapEx / Refurbishment, Conversion projects, and selected new builds in Greater China & Mongolia (GCM).
- Project involvement from inception to handover and opening.
- Support CapEx Director as the TS representative to and from owners and project consultants.
- Support CapEx Director to Inspect and prepare Property Improvement Plans (PIPs) for selected Capex renewal and retention projects.
- Ensure internal communications and effective relationships on those projects with all other Hilton departments and specialists including Brands, F&B, Spa, Dev, Pre-Opening and Ops.
- Manage the Design Review Process (DAP) for all trading properties, advice and guide property management team in the process, and issue official Design Approval Letters to property.
- Work with Regional General Managers, hotel GMs and all teams including finance and operations departments to advice on Hilton Brands D&C standards.
- Coordinate with F&B concepts (Brand F&B Development) and F&B Operations Teams for restaurant refurbishment, conversions at existing properties as well as collaboration on new builds.
- Assist the CapEx Director in the preparation and close collaboration with Operations Teams on brand standards, design narrative and briefs, and guidelines.
- Guide various Design Consultants on design and advise on Hilton Brands D&C standards to ensure compliance.
- Prepare regular reports to document design status and implementation.
- Attend consultant’s presentations, review design documents for brand standard, design and construction guidelines compliance, best design practice and represent Hilton in design meetings.
- Attend mock‐up room reviews and prepare checklists and reports.
- Review and give approval for FF&E design and shop drawings, mock-ups and prototypes in all parts of the Hotel: Accommodations, Public areas and F&B outlets, to ensure minimum technical requirements are met in accordance to relevant Brand D&C standards, design ergonomics, functionality and suitability of materials specifications for purpose.
- Participate in Value Management stages of design ensuring that brand quality standards are not compromised.
- Follow-up and review, in attendance with the ID consultant, FF&E items, including factory inspections (compulsory attendance).
- Participation in post‐completion design reviews with Operations Teams.
- Work effectively with Brand and Brand Performance support re Brand standards and design approval for CapEx Refurbishment and new builds.
- Prepare, present & participate in monthly Project Review Meetings & regular Design Reviews, periodic site reviews and review of mock-up guestrooms.
- Travel within the region for projects or client meetings.
- Overview of all FF&E and HOE for all development projects in Greater China & Mongolia region.
- Support CapEx director as liaison for all FF&E and HOE coordination, including vendor and suppliers’ relations.
- Support CapEx director to conduct FF&E and HOE training for TS China team.
- Prepare and conduct presentations to Hilton management and other Tech Services workshop.
- Prepare regular reports to management regarding FF&E and China projects specifically, as required.
- Represent China TS in regional FF&E network, as well as liaise with and manage updates from Hilton Supply Management and Global Strategic Partnership.
- Maintain and update on regular basis database of China-based suppliers of FF&E and HOE items.
- Periodic FF&E and HOE procurement review, standardize product lists for each Brand, and identification and evaluation of consultants and suppliers.
What are we looking for?
A Design & Projects Manager, CapEx and FF&E - Greater China & Mongolia serving Hilton Brands is always working on behalf of our Guests and working with other Team Members. To successfully fill this role, you should maintain the attitude, behaviors, skills, and values that follow:
- Ability to work effectively with and gain respect and trust of owners, developers, design consultants, contractors and with all Hilton departments (including Executive management, Development, Pre-Opening, Operations, Brand management and other Tech Services departments)
- Ability to review hospitality interior fit out, FF&E, architectural space planning and other designs quickly, and make constructive suggestions for improvements
- Excellent people skills
- Good communications, both written and verbal
- Sensitivity in dealing with various people, personalities and cultures
- Flexibility to handle changing circumstances
- Able to take total responsibility for projects
- Able to work independently and with the global support teams
- Able to work on multiple projects at one time
What will it be like to work for Hilton?
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands. Our vision “to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality” unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!