The Barista promotes coffee consumption by educating customers; selling coffee, accessories and supplies; preparing and service a variety of coffee drinks, along with pastries, cookies and light eats. The Barista will also be responsible for greeting visitors, answering the telephone, gathering data and compiling reports.
What you will be doing
- Welcome customers by anticipating customer and store needs by constantly evaluating environment and customers for clues, thank guests with genuine appreciation.
- Educate customers by presenting and explaining the coffee drink menu; answering questions.
- Prepares and sells coffee drinks by following prescribed recipes and preparation techniques for coffee drinks, such, as, espresso, expresso lungo, cafe latte and cappuccino.
- Maintains inventories by replenishing coffee bean supply; stocking coffee brewing equipment; maintain supplies, pastries, cookies, light eats, beverages and merchandise.
- Keeps equipment operating and following operating instructions; troubleshooting breakdowns; maintain supplies; performing preventive maintenance; calling for repairs
- Maintains a healthy work environment by following organization standards and sanitation regulations.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading coffee, retail trade and food publications; maintain personal networks
- Enhances coffee shop reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests.
- Acts with integrity, honestly and knowledge that promotes culture, values and the mission of P.S. Grind.
- Maintains a calm demeanor during periods of high volume or unusual event to keep the store operating to standard and to set a positive example for the shift team.
- Assists with new partner training by positively reinforcing successful performance and giving respectful and encouraging coaching as needed.
- Contribute to positive team environment by recognizing alarms or changes in a team member morale and performance and communicating them to the team manager.
- Delivers legendary customer service to all customers by acting with a customer comes first attitude and connecting with the customer; discovers and responds to the customer needs.
- Follows PCI Grinds operational policies and procedures, including those for cash handling, safety and security, to ensure the safety of all team members during each shift.
- Provides quality beverages, whole bean, and food product consistency for all customers by adhering to recipe and presentation standards.
- Maintains regular and punctual attendance.
- Complete opening and closing procedures including setting up necessary supplies and tools, cleaning all equipment, cleaning areas, locking doors, etc.
- Ensure uniform and personal appearance are clean and professional.
- Perform other reasonable duties as requested by supervisors and managers.
Education and Experience:
- High school education plus two or more years of secretarial or equivalent experience. Experience in the hospitality industry and knowledge of common industry terms and practices preferred.
Skills and Abilities:
Ability to follow an appropriate course of action based on management’s direction and company policies and procedures. Ability to operate a computer, calculator, phone and other office equipment. Attention to details with strong organizational and efficient time management skills.
Consistent professional attitude and behavior with effective listening and strong communication skills. Ability to work in a fast paced environment, sometimes under pressure, while remaining flexible and efficient. Ability to satisfy the legal requirements for employment within the jurisdiction.