The Barback is responsible for assisting the Bartenders in friendly, courteous beverage preparation and service in accordance with established standards, additionally maintaining the stock and cleanliness of the bar.
· Complete bar requisitions.
· Ensure lounge/bar area is clean and in order at all times, including bar, tables, chairs, floors, walls, ceilings, lighting, temperature, music, memorabilia, and décor.
· Stock juice, mixers, soft drinks, beer, wine, liquor, and paper/plastic supplies.
· Clean and stock glassware.
· Cut and stock garnishes.
· Maintain tables by clearing finished plates, glassware, silverware, trash, and other items.
· Set, clear, and reset tables.
· Clean bar tops, sinks, speed rails, ice bins, guns and lines, bottles, cabinets, and coolers.
· Set up and empty trash and recycling.
· Follow all food safety, sanitation, and alcohol service laws and regulations.
· Sweep and mop floors.
· Maintain positive and professional communication with all staff.
· Provide recognition to others, including co-workers, supervisors, managers, and directors.
· Participate in meetings to learn about global programs, new products and procedures, and to discuss areas of opportunities, special events, and other activities.
· Ensure a healthy and safe work environment for co-workers and guests.
· Be knowledgeable of property facilities, services, hours of operation, in-house events, conferences, and amenities to proactively assist guests.
· Promote property outlets to guests.
· Assist guests in finding locations within the property by escorting, when possible, or giving clear directions.
· Resolve guest complaints using property procedures.
· Create a positive environment in which all employees have the ability to maximize their potential.
· Listen to comments, criticisms, and feedback from guests, employees, and managers to gain an understanding of strength and opportunity to improve personal/property performance.
· Work as a team, helping all employees to complete the required activities that ensure we deliver Amplified Service.
· Participate in Sound Check meetings on each shift.
· Always smile and offer a warm greeting to all.
· Know, understand, and practice (with energy and enthusiasm) the mission, values, mottos, culture and spirit that make Hard Rock unique.
· Take initiative to offer assistance throughout the property.
· Operate ethically to protect the Hard Rock brand.
· Utilize programs designed to help Save the Planet.
· Perform duties in accordance with company standards, policies, and guidelines, and applicable laws and regulations.
· Perform additional duties as requested by department managers and supervisors.
· Communicate with supervisors and managers to ensure that assigned duties are completed to standard.
· Coordinate operations with other departments, as needed.
· Present a professional image to employees, guests, clients, owners, and investors.
Maintain confidentiality of guest, employee, and company information.
Panoramic ocean views, legendary amenities, and modern luxury – Live large in the front row of one of America’s most famous beaches. Guests can bask in the Florida sun at our oceanfront pool. Or, grab a bite at our world-famous restaurant. And they can do it all while rocking to the impeccably-designed Hard Rock environment and exploring the exciting Daytona Beach nightlife. From family vacations and business trips to destination weddings, the Hard Rock Hotel Daytona Beach offers an unparalleled experience.