Posted April 21, 2021Amsterdam Marriott Hotel
This position is responsible for the execution of defined services that supports the area and hotels digital business needs. The Specialist role is comprehensive and will ensure completion of defined tasks as requested by the Managers who oversee a portfolio of hotels.
The role requires a focus on ensuring hotels are aligned to global compliancy, strategies and ensuring the activation across digital channels (Marriott.com, Mulit lingual global sites, echannels(OTA’s), Segemental (F&B, Spa, etc.) and other marketing channels to maximize online presence and attribute to the hotels performance.
The Specialist will support with the pull through of activities and activations as defined by the Area wide Campign calendar (destination marketing, Demand generation, Group campaigns etc.) as set out by the Area Director of Marketing, Digital and Loyalty.
Education and Experience
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Managing Work, Projects, and Policies
Delivers against all aspects of the Digital Marketing program and associated services for hotels and the area. This includes:
Implementing and managing the Hotel Web Sites on Marriott.com and its global sites
Marketing the Marriott.com Hotel Web Sites
· Serve and pull through Continent & regional campaigns. This requires the approved solicitation of hotels participation with coordination of Hotel account managers.
· Coordinate and Ensure the development of tactical landing pages, testing and optimization of continent and regional campaigns with all specialists.
· Implementation and workflow process management of all content optimization requests for the digital field marketing teams.
· Manage the timelines and onboarding of new hotel hotels across the continent in terms of contracting and all account set up with support of specialists.
· Ensure expert training and support to hotels by working with managers to elevate digital knowledge.
· Support with defined project’s as outlined by the Senior Manager to ensure the overall performance of the team, its areas/markets and participating hotels.
Relationships & Processes
· Develop knowledge and work with vendors and agencies to improve turnaround and campaign execution.
· Manage relationship with key vendors to drive scalability of efforts and implementation consistency (e.g. Digital HQ, Tripadvisor etc.) and platform development oriented at better tracking/conversion
· Execute all in-house campaign processes, including but not limited to campaign review, hotel billing, briefing, etc.
· Where appropriate, develop, support and implement new processes and track output to improve efficiency for the team.
· Attends and participates in all relevant internal and external meetings.
· Informs, updates, and provides information to managers and co-workers in a timely manner.
· Presents ideas, expectations and information in a concise, organized manner.
· Uses problem solving methodology for decision making and follow up.
· Maintains positive working relations with internal teams and department managers.
· Manages time effectively and conducts activities in an organized manner.
· Performs other reasonable duties as assigned by manager.
· Adaptability - Maintains performance level under pressure or when experiencing changes or challenges in the workplace.
· Communication - Conveys information and ideas to others in a convincing and engaging manner through a variety of methods.
· Problem Solving and Decision Making - Identifies and understands issues, problems, and opportunities; obtains and compares information from different sources to draw conclusions, develops and evaluates alternatives and solutions, solves problems, and chooses a course of action.
· Professional Demeanor - Exhibits behavioral styles that convey confidence and command respect from others; makes a good first impression and represents the company in alignment with its values.
· Building and Contributing to Teams - Participates as a member of a team to move toward the completion of common goals while fostering cohesion and collaboration among team members.
· Driving for Results - Sets high standards of performance for self and/or others; assumes responsibility for work objectives; initiates, focuses, and monitors the efforts of self and/or others toward the accomplishment goals; proactively takes action and goes beyond what is required.
· Planning and Organizing - Gathers information and resources required to set a plan of action for self and/or others; prioritizes and arranges work requirements to accomplish goals and ensure work is completed.
· Coworker Relationships - Interacts with others in a way that builds openness, trust, and confidence in the pursuit of organizational goals and lasting relationships.
· Customer Relationships - Develops and sustains relationships based on an understanding of customer/stakeholder needs and actions consistent with the company’s service standards.
· Global Mindset - Supports employees and business partners with diverse styles, abilities, motivations, and/or cultural perspectives; utilizes differences to drive innovation, engagement and enhance business results; and ensures employees are given the opportunity to contribute to their full potential.
Generating Talent and Organizational Capability
· Talent Management - Provides support and feedback to help individuals develop and strengthen skills and abilities needed to accomplish work objectives.
Learning and Applying Professional Expertise
· Applied Learning - Seeks and makes the most of learning opportunities to improve performance of self and/or others.
· Business Acumen - Understands and utilizes business information to manage everyday operations and generate innovative solutions to approach business and administrative challenges.
· Technical Acumen - Understands and utilizes professional skills and knowledge in a specific functional area to conduct and manage everyday business operations and generate innovative solutions to approach function-specific work challenges.
· Basic Competencies - Fundamental competencies required for accomplishing basic work activities.
o Basic Computer Skills - Uses basic computer hardware and software (e.g., personal computers, word processing software, Internet browsers, etc.).
o Mathematical Reasoning - Adds, subtracts, multiplies, or divides quickly, correctly, and in a way that allows one to solve work-related issues.
o Oral Comprehension - Listens to and understands information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences.
o Reading Comprehension – Understands written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents.
o Writing - Communicates effectively in writing as appropriate for the needs of the audience.Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer. We believe in hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive, people-first culture. We are committed to non-discrimination on any protected basis, such as disability and veteran status, or any other basis covered under applicable law.