Posted April 30, 2021Arizona Grand Resort & Spa
Summary of Position:
The Housekeeping Supervisor facilitates a smooth transition between guests and associates. Supervisor should be a friendly and dependable person who works well with others. Efficiency and attention to details are crucial traits for this position.
• Check VIP’s before 12 noon according to our Housekeeping VIP process.
• Check all Vacant Clean Suites, as assigned daily, to ensure quality of product.
• Check associate performance in terms of quality and efficiency.
• Coach and counsel, and keep management when necessary.
• Ensure Suite Attendant training is accurate and thorough with no loose ends.
• Check and report out any Engineering challenges found in Suites or public areas.
• Maintain an open communication with Management staff to ensure quality service is being provided and report all challenges they may incur.
• Facilitate quick delivery of guest errands.
• Restock Cleaning supplies where and when needed, including being taken out to staff in the work area.
• Maintain Inventories, restock and keep organized areas.
• When needed, cleaning of suites; make beds, clean bathroom, all floor care, etc…
• Keep all work areas clean, professional and inviting.
• Open or close department, as availability is determined during interview and hiring process.
• Clean rooms, hallways, lobbies, restrooms, and other public areas as needed.
• Other duties assigned by Executive Director of Housekeeping.
Education: High School Diploma or equivalent preferred.
Experience: Minimum two years of experience in Housekeeping
Certificates or Licenses: NA
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Must be fluent in Spanish and English
• Must be knowledgeable in general computer skills. And able to learn and use our Standard Operating Systems.
• Ability to train and supervise with strong leadership skills
• Ability to make quick and efficient decisions to benefit the team and guest.
• Ability to use a moderately complex computer system and troubleshoot software problems
• Knowledge of basic sanitation requirements/controls and applications of relevant chemicals.
• Behaves ethically
• Communicates effectively: Speaks and listens in a clear, thorough, and timely manner, effectively reading and writing, using the English and Spanish languages
• Professional Appearance: Exhibits an appearance appropriate for a four diamond resort (Specific grooming standards are available for review)
Arizona Grand Resort & Spa puts you in the midst of one of Phoenix, Arizona’s most naturally beautiful places. The region’s only AAA Four-Diamond, all-suite hotel is ideally situated on the doorstep of 17,000 acres of South Mountain Preserve, the largest municipal park in the world and the most visited hiking destination in the state. The Arizona Grand Resort & Spa serves up stunning perspectives and unique Southwestern touches that make your visit to Phoenix feel naturally grand.
Whether attending an event, making a quick getaway or taking the annual family vacation, you’ll be warmly welcomed and well cared for at our luxury hotel in Phoenix, Arizona.
The resort is conveniently located just six miles from Phoenix’s Sky Harbor International Airport, and features a variety of exciting amenities that put you in a world beyond, including:
As a family-owned company, the mission of Classic Hotels & Resorts is to attract and retain innovative, results-driven individuals who will foster a service culture built upon our foundation of family-oriented core values.
Classic Hotels & Resorts’ leaders and team members share a vision…to create A HEARTfelt Experience…BEyond Expectations, connecting with our guests emotionally and ensuring they return again and again. In order to be successful at any of our world-class properties, team members must share both our vision and our values (Helpful, Ethical, Attentive, Resourceful and Thankful). This includes possessing and demonstrating a high level of courtesy and respect for both internal and external guests, and embracing our BEyond Expectations standards.
Our fun, friendly and enthusiastic team members treat every guest as if they were our only guest. A true customer focus is essential to success with our properties and our company.
Arizona Grand Resort & Spa provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Arizona Grand Resort & Spa complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.