A great opportunity to be a part of an extraordinary hotel and company: Pacific Terrace Hotel, a 4 diamond boutique hotel on the beach in San Diego, is top rated in TripAdvisor, and part of Bartell Hotels, the family-owned employer of choice with 8 hotels and resorts in the city.
Primary Objective of Position:
To provide quality service to hotel guests by providing prompt and courteous food and beverage service including responsibilities of serving breakfast, attending the pool, bartending and room service. You are required to learn the guest's name and use it throughout any phone or person to person interaction. Must be 21 years old or older. Must be flexible and able to work mornings and evening, weekends and holidays.
• Meets and exceeds customer and team member expectations by providing exceptional service and teamwork
• Provides value added service to customers by doing whatever reasonable and possible to meet or exceed customer expectations
• Communicates effectively with customers, co-workers, and supervisors
• Demonstrates teamwork by cooperating and assisting co-workers as needed
• Ability to lift and carry up to 30 pounds for short distances required
• Take food and drink orders from customers.
• Serve bottled beer as well as prepare and serve mixed drinks
• Already has or acquires a working knowledge of basic bar and mixing skills in order to prepare all beverages listed on hotel cocktail menu
• Prepare charge ticket and have guest sign acknowledging their orders
• Take the initiative to greet guests in a friendly and warm manner.
• Keep the pool area neat and tidy. Towels picked up, chair covers replaced, any dirty dishes, cups picked up. Keep the lounge chairs organized and straight
• Provides prompt, courteous service by delivering food and beverage orders to guest rooms
• Carries silverware, linen, and food on tray or uses serving cart to transport order to room.
• Sets up table and serves food from cart.
• Answers questions regarding room service and responds to requests for additional food or drink service.
• Collects or stacks dirty dishes on tray, table, or serving cart and removes from room or retrieves from outside of room.
• Verifies guest's name and room number with Guest Registration Report, which should be updated every hour
• Operates Room Service Vehicle in a safe and courteous manner, always checking for pedestrians, driving at a safe speed, and always yielding to oncoming vehicles
• Acquires a working knowledge of hotel, in-house facilities, and local information to respond to customer questions in these areas as required
• Informs manager of any customer dissatisfaction
• Attends work on time as scheduled
• Follows hotel grooming and dress standards
• Minimizes safety hazards by following all safety rules and procedures
• Talk with different kinds of people to find out what services they want and to give them information.
• Stand or walk for varying lengths of time, sometimes for long periods.
• Lift and carry things like heavy trays.
Education: HS Diploma or equivalent.
Licenses/Certifications: CA Driver's License Required plus Current DMV Printout
Perched on a sandy bluff overlooking the sparkling ocean, the Pacific Terrace Hotel provides Four Diamond, beachfront accommodations in San Diego's Pacific Beach. Kick off your shoes, settle into your balcony chair, sip a relaxing beverage, and look out over the amazing California coast. Treat yourself to a massage by the pool, a bike ride down the boardwalk, or just get comfortable in our portable beach chairs, and sun umbrellas, out on the warm sand. Beach buckets and shovels, toys, boogie boards, and bikes are on hand and ready to entertain the kids (and grownups)! Located at the far north end of Pacific Beach's oceanfront boardwalk, our central San Diego hotel provides easy access to exceptional surfing, sailing, fishing and cycling. We're also just down the road from the city's world-renown attractions, including SeaWorld, the San Diego Zoo, La Jolla, Legoland, Torrey Pines State Beach, and just eight miles north of San Diego's International Airport.