The Greenskeeper serves as a member of a team responsible for performing maintenance activities for the golf course. At times, this position may also be assigned to participate in maintenance of landscape, resort grounds, facilities and equipment.
1. Uses walking and riding greens mower, tee mower, fairway mower, rough mower, roller, bunker rake, carts, push mowers, and a variety of powered and non-powered hand tools to maintain golf course grounds and landscaping. Cleans and maintains equipment that is used. Treats all equipment with care and respect. Operates equipment in a safe and efficient manner.
2. Mows greens, tees, fairways, and rough. Rakes bunkers. Weed eats and push mows bunker faces.
3. Sets cups and moves tee markers.
4. Trains employees in maintenance tasks in accordance with STOs and previous training.
5. Hand waters greens and tees. Helps with irrigation repairs.
6. Performs light custodial operations on golf course grounds and buildings, i.e. cleaning and stocking rest rooms, sweeping stones from paths, trash collection, mopping floors, etc. Uses mops and brooms.
7. Reports problems encountered on site to supervisor immediately. Takes appropriate steps to address emergency situations.
8. Paints and maintains buildings. Performs light carpentry work, as needed.
9. Participates in snow removal processes.
10. Plants flowers, shrubs, trees, landscaping, and sod. Mulches and edges beds. Prepares beds for planting of materials. Pulls weeds. Uses hose to water plantings.
11. Performs other related reasonable duties capable of being performed as requested by Management.
Experience in Golf Course Maintenance, Grounds Maintenance and/or Landscaping is helpful.
Must be able to communicate in written and oral forms.
Must be able to work independently and in team setting.
Must be able to interact well with others in a professional manner.
Must be able to operate a variety of small equipment and hand tools in safe manner.
Must be able to adjust and learn new equipment and procedures.
We are proud to be an equal employment opportunity employer for minorities, women, protected veterans, disabled individuals, and any other protected class.
By the mid-1990s, French Lick Spring Hotel, although still in operation, was a mere shell of its former glory and the abandoned West Baden Springs Hotel was literally crumbling to the ground. As with any great comeback story it all started with people who refused to give up – local volunteers and the folks at Indiana Landmarks. Seeing West Baden Springs Hotel in complete ruin devastated the group whose mission it is to save such cherished properties. Soon the Cook family, devoted preservationists who themselves led the restoration of many Indiana buildings, joined the cause and committed more than $500 million dollars to not only save the West Baden Springs Hotel but also the French Lick Springs Hotel. The Cook family wanted their preservation work to result in living, breathing historic places that would be around for centuries to come. Visit French Lick Resort to fully experience this “save of the century.”
Whether you’re just beginning your career journey or looking for a new professional challenge, French Lick Resort has a career path for you! Our resort includes two AAA Four-Diamond historic hotels, two nationally-acclaimed golf courses, a casino, two world-class spas, over a dozen food and beverage venues and retail shops. With so many amenities we have a variety of Full-time, Variable (Part-time) and Seasonal opportunities for you to join our team.
Guests know us for our Friendly Staff who create Memorable Experiences. If you are interested in exploring career opportunities with us and want to join our team to accomplish our mission to “Exceed Guest Expectations,” then click here for current career opportunities.