Schulte Companies is seeking an attorney to join its growing legal department. Remote candidates will be considered. The successful candidate will work directly with the Deputy General Counsel on all legal matters, including drafting and negotiating hotel management agreements, managing property acquisitions, dispositions and transitions, negotiating financing documents and joint venture agreements, completing general due diligence (including title, survey and lease reviews), negotiating commercial leases, overseeing general corporate matters (including entity formation, foreign qualifications, etc.), handling and/or managing litigation and outside counsel (including drafting and negotiating demand letters and settlement agreement), ensuring regulatory compliance and risk mitigation and other miscellaneous transactional matters. This is a great and unique opportunity to join one of the largest, most well-respected hospitality companies, with operations across the US and UK. The successful candidate must be passionate, curious, hungry and driven, with strong organizational, attention to detail and critical thinking skills. This role requires close collaboration across all departments of Schulte Companies, including acquisitions, asset management, operations, restaurants, marketing, design and construction, insurance and risk mitigation. The successful candidate will be expected to communicate clearly and concisely, with the ability to confidently analyze complex legal issues.
Essential Job Functions:
· Draft, negotiate, analyze, structure and/or understand hotel management agreements, purchase and sale agreements, financing and loan documents, joint venture agreements, commercial leases, collective bargaining agreements, organizational documents and other transactional documents relating to hotel and restaurant assets with top-tier institutional counterparties and capital partners;
· Synthesize legal issues and provide guidance to business counterparts in a concise, easy to understand manner;
· Assist with the development of Schulte Companies’ processes, forms and protocols;
· Develop relationships with internal colleagues and oversee outside counsel;
· Manage multiple time-sensitive projects simultaneously and efficiently.
· JD degree with AT LEAST THREE (3) YEARS’ EXPERIENCE in hospitality and other transactional commercial real-estate matters at a top-tier law firm or in-house setting;
· Ability to manage real-estate transactions from start to finish with little oversight, work independently and exercise sound judgment;
· Exceptional drafting and negotiation skills;
· Intelligence, with excellent written and verbal communication skills;
· An ownership mentality, with the curiosity and desire to learn about Schulte Companies’ business in general, and a desire to take initiative and influence others;
· Admission to the practice of law in at least one US jurisdiction;
· Strong academic credentials.