The Shuttle Driver is responsible for the safe and efficient transport of guests in the company vehicle. The driver is also responsible for providing excellent customer service to all guests by maintaining a professional appearance and positive attitude at all times. In addition to transporting guests, the shuttle driver will ensure that the vehicle is clean, fueled and any necessary service is communicated to the appropriate person. The Shuttle Driver is required to adhere to the mission and values of Widewaters Hotels, LLC.
What you will be doing
The Shuttle Driver is focused and responsible for the following, but not limited to:
- Driving guests to local destinations within agreed mile radius as set forth by Widewaters Hotels
- Meet and greet all guests in a professional and courteous manner upon arrival.
- Accommodate guest special requests, including luggage and wheelchair assistance.
- Assist in escorting guests and luggage into the hotel lobby for registration.
- Must drive in a safe manner and drive defensively to prevent injuries and property damage
- Responsible for knowing hotel emergency procedures and ensuring emergency exits are clear at all times
- Knowing general information about the hotel and being able to provide recommendations about the surrounding area
- Ensure vehicle is locked and secured when not attended.
- Inform General Manager immediately of any Motor Vehicle infractions, tickets, driver's license suspensions, or accidents.
- Work in a team environment and assist and support all members of the team to ensure a great hotel stay experience for the guests.
- Must adhere to all company policies and procedures as well as the Widewaters Hotels, LLC Employee Handbook
- Other duties as assigned
- Previous valet and guest contact experience preferred.
- Must have a positive attitude at all times.
- Comply with all department, hotel, and company policies and procedures.
- Must be 21 years of age.
- Ability to work and communicate effectively with team members and supervisors.
- Highly organized.
- Ability to complete log and trip sheets..
- Must be able to work outside in working conditions for long periods of time.
- Must understand and obey driving laws and regulations.
- Must be able to work the majority of the shift in a standing position, constantly moving,
- and able to lift 50 pounds.
- Must be able to work any shift, weekends, holidays, etc. when needed.
- Must have work eligibility in the United States.
- Must have excellent hearing and vision.
- Must be able to read and interpret traffic and directional signage.
- Must know current state motor vehicle laws.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex,
national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other
characteristic protected by law.
View All Current Opportunities at WidewatersAt a Glance
This dual branded hotel is located in the Discovery Business Campus in Tempe, Arizona. The hotel offers 228 guest rooms, combined 5,260 square feet of event space, Garden Grille & Bar, outdoor fire pit lounge and BBQ grill patio and so much more!
Hilton Garden Inn
- Two full service restaurants and bars on-site
- Complimentary shuttle within a 5 mile radius
- Outdoor swimming pool with whirlpool and two fire pits
- Rooms with refrigerator, microwave, work desk and coffee maker
- Close to Discovery Business Campus, ASU Research Park, Chandler and 101 Freeway
- Over 5,000 sq. ft. of meeting space
Extended-stay hotel with studio suites and one-bedroom suites
Widewaters Hotels' Mission & Values
- Close to business parks and Phoenix attractions; free shuttle available
- Two on-site restaurants and bars, plus room service and snack shop
- Outdoor pool, whirlpool, fire pits, BBQ grills, and nearby jogging path
- Boardroom and meeting room, both with natural light and free WiFi
- Pet-friendly hotel for a comfortable stay away from home
Widewaters Hotels is an award winning, innovative hospitality management leader, built on proven pillars of success. We are passionate about delivering exceptional returns for our owners and partners, creating the ultimate guest experience and providing rewarding opportunities for our associates.
Widewaters' Hotels Values: Our values guide the way we work with and for our guests, owners & associates. Through Passion, Energy, Attitude & Work Ethic we have created a vibrant company culture and a compass for our actions.
We appreciate your interest in Widewaters Hotels, LLC. Widewaters Hotels, LLC offers equal opportunities to all persons without regard to race, color religion, age, sex, disability, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, military or veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, domestic violence victim status, predisposing genetic characteristics or genetic information, or any other status protected by law.