Posted May 6, 2021Marriott International
Leads workgroups and/or functions as a technical expert of Corporate Systems applications and platforms. Resolves and makes decisions on more complex, non-routine service requests with limited to moderate risk. Performs research, analysis, design, creation and implementation of applications to meet current and future user requirements. Directs Service Providers, vendors and team members to modify and maintain existing applications to address changes in business processes. Ensures Service Providers achieve contracted service delivery outcomes. Monitors multiple projects by Service Providers and internally managed applications to successful completion, maintaining scope within the time and budget constraints. Will coordinate with finance discipline partners, 3rd party vendors and many IT departments including but not limited to Security, Privacy, network teams, operations, and infrastructure teams.
Primary responsibilities include IT management of Marriott’s financial applications including two highly complex custom PeopleSoft AR/billing and billing calculation applications, and associated subsystems.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
· Undergraduate degree or equivalent experience/certification
· 8-10 years’ experience in information technology application development and support
· Ability to listen and understand business requirements, ask questions and translate the requirements into design documents
· Strong verbal and written communication skills with the ability to articulate complex technical ideas in easy to understand business terms
· Demonstrated problem solving and troubleshooting skills. Ability to troubleshoot issues and follow through to a resolution
· Ability to work independently, but know when to ask for help
· Very strong attention to detail
· Proven ability to support all aspects of large, complex applications with multiple stakeholders
· Proven ability to prioritize and manage multiple support request while working on time sensitive projects and upgrades
· Experience in waterfall and/or agile software methodologies
· Strong working knowledge of SQL
· Production support experience
· Vendor management experience
· Experience with batch/automated scheduling tools and alarming, single sign-on, IT Service Management software (e.g., ServiceNow)
· Experience developing test plans, test scripts, and managing unit, system, regression and user acceptance testing
· Experience with and knowledge of IT outsourcing activities in a managed services environment. Technology leadership experience leading/managing and collaborating with multiple service providers in support of custom outsourced applications and customized SaaS software
· Demonstrated ability to pick up/assimilate new applications/technologies
· Knowledge of related applications (e.g. financial applications such as billing, cost calculations/allocations, AR, GL)
· Experience with PeopleSoft, Oracle
· Graduate degree
· Technology certifications
· Technology leadership experience in a sourced or internally managed environment
· 8-10 years’ domain experience relevant to supported business function; Industry and competitive landscape knowledge
· Experience with DevOps tools such as Git, JIRA, Jenkins, Dynatrace
· Experience with Play / Akka frameworks or Spring Boot
· Trains and/or mentors other team members, and peers as appropriate
· Provides financial input on department or project budgets, capital expenditures or other cost/resource estimates as requested
· Identifies opportunities to enhance the service delivery processes
· Performs more complex quantitative and qualitative analyses for service delivery processes and projects
· Supports existing applications and large projects in a minimum of one environment
· Facilitates achievement of expected deliverables and obligations of Services Providers
· Validates completeness of requirements prior to Service Provider or internally managed team solutioning
· Through the service provider or internally managed teams, plans and coordinates complex implementation overseeing quality control of application functional design, usability, functionality, and implementation
· Advises support desk on change management as it relates to support and training of new system
· Ensures all projects follow the defined development and business case processes
· Ensures proper coordination with appropriate IT and vendor relations teams
· Provides consultation for routine and complex systems development
· Ensures early warning to the business stakeholder executives regarding degraded or missed service levels
· Follows all defined IR standards and processes (i.e. IT Governance, SM&G, Architecture, etc.), and provides input for improvements to the appropriate process owners as needed
· Maintains a proper balance between business and operational risk
· Follows the defined project management standards and processes
Service Provider, COTS and Custom Application Management
· Validates that Service Providers and internal teams develop and manage respective aspects of a project plan, including schedules, deliverables, and appropriate metrics
· Makes short term plans for the team to effectively utilize resources
· Monitors Service Provider and internal team’s outcomes
· Reviews estimates of work effort for client project provided by Service Providers and internal teams for accuracy
· Facilitates timely resolution of service delivery problems and minimizes the impact to clients
· Functions as an applications expert for both senior leadership and project teams in effective utilization of existing technology in business technical applications, either enterprise-wise or business-wide
· Leads workgroup/project team or functions as a technical specialist
· Supports and develops systems in a minimum of one environment
· Develops and manages respective aspects of a project plan with minimal assistance, including schedules, deliverables, and appropriate metrics
· Plans and coordinates complex integration(s) and implementation overseeing quality control of systems functional design, usability, functionality, and implementation
· Coordinates with quality assurance, infrastructure services, vendor and internal application delivery teams
· Provides consultation for routine and complex systems development
· Provides accurate estimates of work effort for client project
· Functions as a technical resource for other team members
· Understanding and ability to facilitate and execute technical infrastructure, technical specialization and technical integration activities
· Strong understanding of business processes, customers and functions
· Communication - Conveys information and ideas to others in a convincing and engaging manner through a variety of methods.
· Leading Through Vision and Values -Keeps the organization's vision and values at the forefront of employee decision making and action.
· Managing Change -Initiates and/or manages the change process and energizes it on an ongoing basis, taking steps to remove barriers or accelerate its pace; serves as role model for how to handle change by maintaining composure and performance level under pressure or when experiencing challenges.
· Problem Solving and Decision Making - Identifies and understands issues, problems, and opportunities; obtains and compares information from different sources to draw conclusions, develops and evaluates alternatives and solutions, solves problems, and chooses a course of action.
· Professional Demeanor - Exhibits behavioral styles that convey confidence and command respect from others; makes a good first impression and represents the company in alignment with its values.
· Strategy Development - Develops business plans by exploring and systematically evaluating opportunities with the greatest potential for producing positive results; ensures successful preparation and execution of business plans through effective planning, organizing, and on-going evaluation processes.
· Building a Successful Team -Uses an effective interpersonal style to build a cohesive team; inspires and sustains team cohesion and engagement by focusing the team on its mission and importance to the organization.
· Strategy Execution – Ensures successful execution across of business plans designed to maximize customer satisfaction, profitability, and market share through effective planning, organizing, and on-going evaluation processes.
· Driving for Results - Sets high standards of performance for self and/or others; assumes responsibility for work objectives; initiates, focuses, and monitors the efforts of self and/or others toward the accomplishment goals; proactively takes action and goes beyond what is required.
· Customer Relationships - Develops and sustains relationships based on an understanding of customer/stakeholder needs and actions consistent with the company’s service standards.
· Global Mindset - Supports employees and business partners with diverse styles, abilities, motivations, and/or cultural perspectives; utilizes differences to drive innovation, engagement and enhance business results; and ensures employees are given the opportunity to contribute to their full potential.
· Strategic Partnerships -Develops collaborative relationships with fellow employees and business partners by making them feel valued, appreciated, and included; explores partnership opportunities with other people in and outside the organization; influences and leverages corporate and continental shared services and/or discipline leaders (e.g., HR, Sales & Marketing, Finance, Revenue Management) to achieve objectives; maintains effective external relations with government, business and industry in respective countries; performs effectively as a liaison between locations, disciplines, and corporate to ensure needed resources are received and corporate strategies are understood and executed.
Generating Talent and Organizational Capability
· Developing Others -Supports the development of other’s skills and capabilities so that they can fulfill current or future job/role responsibilities more effectively.
· Organizational Capability - Evaluates and adapts the structure of assignments and work processes to best fit the needs and/or support the goals of an organizational unit.
Learning and Applying Professional Expertise
· Continuous Learning - Actively identifies new areas for learning; regularly creates and takes advantage of learning opportunities; uses newly gained knowledge and skill on the job and learns through their application.
· Technical Acumen - Understanding and utilizing professional skills and knowledge in a specific functional area to conduct and manage everyday business operations and generate innovative solutions to approach function-specific work challenges
o Technical Intelligence: Knowledge and ability to define and apply appropriate technology to enhance business process
o Development Methodologies: Knowledge of general stages of SDLC framework and the application tiers within the development space.
o Information Security: Knowledge of the security considerations relevant within the development space, including industry best practices related to information security.
· Business Acumen - Understands and utilizes business information to manage everyday operations and generate innovative solutions to approach business and administrative challenges.
· Basic Competencies - Fundamental competencies required for accomplishing basic work activities.
o Basic Computer Skills - Using basic computer hardware and software (e.g., personal computers, word processing software, Internet browsers, etc.).
o Mathematical Reasoning - The ability to add, subtract, multiply, or divide quickly, correctly, and in a way that allows one to solve work-related issues.
o Oral Comprehension - The ability to listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences.
o Reading Comprehension - Understanding written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents.
o Writing - Communicating effectively in writing as appropriate for the needs of the audience.Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer. We believe in hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive, people-first culture. We are committed to non-discrimination on any protected basis, such as disability and veteran status, or any other basis covered under applicable law.
It means feeling the power of belonging. We feel it each and every day. It comes from being recognized. It comes from knowing Marriott International sees talent in each of us. And, it comes from working together, as a family, to make our guests feel as much at home as we do. It's why so many of our associates come for a job, but stay for a career.
We believe our strength is rooted in our five core values:
These values are our legacy and our future. As we pursue our vision of making Marriott the #1 travel company in the world, we never lose sight of our founding principles and our proud heritage. We are constantly innovating and evolving, but we'll always stay true to who we are, because we believe the way we do business is as important as the business we do.