JOB DUTIES AND REQUIREMENTS:
- Fire alarm/Life safety system: monitor systems as necessary, to be fully informed of the system operation and to handle emergencies involving the systems. To have a working knowledge of fire sprinkler and emergency power systems and be able to manage these systems.
- Tools: Clean and protect and otherwise maintain all tools and equipment in the hotel.
- Emergencies: Be available for any emergencies and act in and Engineering capacity to protect our guests and team members and preserve the building and its systems during the emergency. To act as quickly and responsibly as possible to return the building to its normal operating status. To inform Engineering Management of any such emergencies.
- Accident Prevention and Safety: to strive to work in an accident free manner and to create a safe work environment for others. To continuously look for conditions which may endanger team members or guest of the hotel and to take immediate action to correct any hazardous conditions found.
- Records: Must be able to read, log, track, update and interpret reading from meters, gauges and other measuring units and systems. Must be able to maintain a thorough electronic log of each shift’s activities and updates that occur and to ensure this information is passed on to other shifts and department manager. Complete and update items in HotSos software system.
- General: Complete all work assigned in a safe and professional manner. Maintain communications with supervisors to ensure that all needed materials, tools and supplies are available or on order. Follow up on any items that may be on back order. Keep supervisor updated on assignments.
- Conducts room preventative maintenance on all hotel rooms, public space, meeting rooms and building equipment.
- Assists guests as needed in a cordial manner.
- Guest Room and Public Areas duties will include plunging toilets, unclogging drains, repairing all types of hardware, plumbing, electrical equipment including lamps, air conditioners, cosmetic items, replacing electrical switches and outlets, assisting with high speed internet problems, HVAC problems and programming TV’s.
- Must be able to lift and carry at least 10 pounds and lift and push at least 50 pounds
- Position requires prolonged walking, standing, kneeling, bending, crawling, reaching, stooping, squatting, grasping and twisting.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in order to update and track items in HotSOS systems and communicate in a professional manner with hotel guests and team members.
- Ability to move and work throughout the hotel for the duration of the shift. This includes but is not limited to working around machinery and equipment, tight spaces, low ceilings, uneven ground, operation of foot controls, repetitive foot movement and exposure to dust and excessive noise.
- At least 3 years experience required in the following areas:
- Major equipment maintenance specifically kitchen and laundry equipment
- General maintenance which includes painting and wall vinyl
This position requires scheduling availability that includes 2nd shift (2pm-10:30pm, 3pm-11pm), Midshift (12pm-8:30pm) and other shifts as required based on hotel occupancy levels and coverage needs. Position will require availability for weekdays, Saturdays, Sundays and holidays.
Hilton Charlotte Uptown is an equal employment/affirmative action employer. If you need accommodation for any part of the application process because of medical condition or disability, please send an email to email@example.com or call 704 331-4311 to let us know the nature of your request.