We believe that Housekeeping is one of the hardest occupations in the hospitality industry. Starting wages for our Housekeeping Staff are highly competitive, coupled with excellent benefits; i.e., Health & Welfare Benefits, Travel Benefits and more... $250.00 bonus if hired and satisfies the 90 days
The housekeeper will be responsible for keeping rooms and public spaces clean and sanitary for guests. The Housekeeper is responsible for ensuring that guests have a clean and home-away-from-home experience.
This description is a summary of primary responsibilities and qualifications. The job description is not intended to include all duties or qualifications that may be required now or in the future. The Hotel operates 24 hours a day and 7 days a week, so operational demands require variations in shift days, starting times, and hours worked in a week.
We use email to reach potential candidates who have applied for positions with us. Be sure to check your junk email folder for emails from us. We also use the telephone. If you have voice mail that's not set-up, please do so to ensure that we can leave messages for you. If your voice mail is full, please create space for new messages.
· Stocks cart to ensure that enough cleaning needs, equipment, and amenities are available to properly clean each room.
· Keep rooms stocked with clean cups, coffee supplies, towels, and other bathroom items and amenities.
· Dusting and polishing furniture and fixtures.
· Cleaning and sanitizing toilets, showers/bathtubs, countertops, and sinks
· Maintaining a clean and sanitary kitchen area.
· Making beds and changing linen
· Vacuuming carpets.
· Observes knocking procedures upon entering a guest room.
· Completes the entire housekeeping checklist.
· Reports clean rooms to supervisor for inspection.
· Reports any damages or hazards that are present in guest rooms, i.e., burned-out light bulbs, broken furniture, broken lights, etc.
· Secures guest room doors upon exiting the room.
· Keeps the corridors and service area neat at all times.
· Turns in all lost and found items and all guest room keys.
· Adheres to all company policies and procedures.
· Follows safety and security procedures and rules.
· Knows department fire prevention and emergency procedures.
· Utilizes protective equipment, i.e., gloves, mask
· Reports unsafe conditions to management.
· Reports accidents, injuries, near-misses, property damage, or loss to management.
· Provides a safe work environment by following all safety and security procedures and rules.
· All team members must maintain a neat, clean, and well-groomed appearance. (Specific standards outlined in team member handbook).
· Perform any related duties as requested by management.
· Assists other Housekeeping Personnel when need.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
· Push Heavy carts.
· Bend and reach to dust, clean and make beds
· Stand and walk for varying lengths of time, often long periods.
· Talk to many different kinds of people to give information, answer questions and provide required services.
· Visually inspect rooms for cleanliness and guest belongings that have been left behind.
· Use written communication skills to mark completed rooms on daily paperwork.
· Move fingers, arms, and hands quickly and easily to perform cleaning duties.
· Lift all equipment and supplies on and off the cart.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
To mitigate to spread of COVID-19 All team members must partake in a two-part Health Screening when scheduled to work. All Team members must take answer a CDC guidelines questionnaire and temperature checks. All team members are required to wear masks while on duty.
Embassy Suites by Hilton partners with Hilton's CleanStay Program. Hilton Clean Stay is committed to health and safety, giving guests the confidence to stay with our properties. Guest expect to see Hilton CleanStay protocol in action when on-property and our Team Member face-covering brand standard is a critical way to keep Team Members and guest safe.
Our Newly Renovated 269 room hotel is located in the heart of the Westshore business district with great shopping in Tampa Bay. We offer a complimentary full breakfast buffet and complimentary 2-hour evening reception each day.
Our hotel is only minutes from Tampa International Airport and downtown Tampa, FL. Whether visitors are in town to explore Busch Gardens®, soak up the sun at the beach, cheer on their favorite NHL team, or connect with the sea at the Florida Aquarium, our location is in perfect proximity to all things entertaining in Tampa Bay.
We have 10,000 sq. ft. of flexible meeting space with a brand new 2,132 sq ft 14’ ceiling event space with windows overlooking our pool.
However guests choose to spend their time, it is always enjoyable at Embassy Suites by Hilton Tampa Airport Westshore.