The Banquet Supervisor is responsible for Catering service to include managing the service during events and overseeing the necessary preparation before and after events. The Catering Supervisor is in charge of planning menus, preparing and decorating service areas and providing customer service for catered events. This position works directly with the clients to guarantee a successful event, including following up after the event to obtain client feedback.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
1. Promotes, prepares, and provides a pleasant and responsive catering experience for clients. Delivers fresh and inviting appearance for all functions by designing creative layouts. Monitors quality of products and services provided to clients. Ensures compliance with all health and safety regulations. Ensures client satisfaction during events by communicating with host regarding any changes, substitutions, special requests, or concerns. Supervises quantities of food preparation to minimize waste. Maintains smooth operation of events by ensuring all work areas are kept clean and free of hazards.
2. Negotiates contracts with clients and executes contracts to client’s satisfaction. Works with both Chef and client to plan menus that are both flavorful and event appropriate.
3. Ensures necessary products and supplies are adequately stocked and properly stored.
Estimates costs and amounts of ingredients and places orders with suppliers. Handles all day-to-day administrative duties.
4. Recruits, trains, and schedules team members, ensuring compliance with all guest service standards. Assists service staff on floor as-needed during events.
5. Performs other duties as assigned to support efficient operation of Department.
Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the enterprise’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring and training employees; planning, assigning reviewing and directing work; evaluating and appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
High School Diploma or GED required.
Associate’s degree preferred.
Minimum three (3) years catering supervisory experience required.
Must have experience in food service operations including knowledge of current OSHA and ABC regulations.
Must possess proficient computer skills, with the ability to use the Microsoft (MS) Office Suite (i.e. MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, and MS Outlook).
Must be able to utilize an inventory control program (i.e. POS or Eatec).
Must be able to clearly speak, read, and write in the English language.
Must have excellent written and oral communication skills.
Must be able to prepare, present, and interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Must possess leadership skills and abilities including initiative, team building, results orientation, customer service, planning and organization, creativity, and innovation.
At the discretion of the San Manuel Tribal Gaming Commission you may be required to obtain and maintain a gaming license.
A qualified candidate/employee must have and maintain a valid driver’s license with an acceptable driving record as determined by the enterprise’s insurance carrier.
Must obtain and maintain a current Food Handler’s Card and negative T.B. test.
San Manuel Band of Mission Indians and San Manuel Casino will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with applicable law.
As one of the largest private employers in the Inland Empire, San Manuel deeply cares about the future, growth and well-being of its employees. Join our team today!
All applicants must be able to demonstrate their US work authorization during the employment verification process.
San Manuel Casino is located in Highlands, CA, just 60 minutes from downtown Los Angeles, and a short drive from LA-Ontario International Airport. The gaming facility is operated by the San Manuel Entertainment Authority, an economic instrumentality of the San Manuel Band of Mission Indians. The casino floor contains over 4,800 of the latest and most innovative slot machines in a state-of-the-art facility. It features over 130 Vegas-style poker and blackjack tables, an exclusive high-limit room, and a designated Poker room.
Food & Beverage venues include Big Mo’ Cafe, Tutu's Food Court with fast-food options around the clock, Rock & Brews with a wide selection of craft burgers and craft beer from around the world, as well as legendary comedian George Lopez's Chingon Kitchen, which provides an authentic Mexican dining experience. Guests can dance the night away with DJ's at Bar Bar Bar, listen to Rock'n Roll tribute bands on stage at Rock & Brews, or enjoy Latin music at George Lopez's Chingon Tequila Lounge.
Indian gaming in California is an exciting, thriving industry. Whether working on the casino floor or providing support to gaming operations as a “behind the scenes” employee, you can contribute to a dynamic and challenging business and have opportunities to learn and grow with the gaming industry. At San Manuel, our team members define us. Working at San Manuel is more than just a job. It is a career that will help you grow into the successful professional you want to be. Apply today to join our team!