Posted April 7, 2021Hampton Inn Madison East Towne Mall Area
Are you the Host or Hostess with the Mostest? Do you like planning parties? Hampton Inn has a great opportunity for you!
Banyan Tree Management is a Florida-based hotel management and development company that has been named multiple times to Inc's list of fastest growing private companies in the United States. We currently have 23 properties in our management portfolio and offer a dynamic work environment with avenues for professional and personal growth. We strive to create a positive work environment where team members feel like they are part of family, receive a high level of respect, and are recognized for their merits and accomplishments.
We are seeking an individual who embodies the core values that are integral to our success:
Who you are:
The qualified candidate will have a minimum of 2 years of hotel management experience at the FOM or FDS level with an emphasis on guest service, team member development and training, organization and detail-oriented and ensuring guest satisfaction at every level. The candidate must also have the following skills:
Key duties include:
* Responsible for training and motivating staff.
* Support the Front Office Manager and function as manager on duty in their absence.
* Responsible for maintaining guest satisfaction at acceptable levels.
* Ability to lead by example, coach and mentor team members
* Strong organizational skills
*Group Sales point of contact
*Creating, maintaining group sales contracts and room blocks
* Excellent communication skills to clearly communicate with all staff members
* Desire to work as part of a team
* Excellent problem resolution skills
* Experience in all front desk operations
* Experience in housekeeping operations
* Experience as Manager on Duty during high occupancy periods.
The ideal candidate must be high-energy and have the ability to think outside the box. Responsibilities include management of the front desk operation, including night audit. Additional responsibilities include support of the housekeeping operation, maintenance, and food and beverage operations.
Education / Experience
* At least 1+ year(s) of hotel front desk operations, preferably with management or supervisory experience.
* Prefer Hilton Brand experience
* High school diploma, college degree preferred
Key Job Requirements
* Candidate must be "hands on" with a strong work ethic
* Must be willing to work flexible schedules based on business levels including nights and weekends as needed
* Must be detail oriented and have strong follow-through skills
* Must be able to handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment
* Must have a strong sense of personal and professional accountability and accept responsibility for actions.
* Possess the ability to understand budgets, staffing models and cost controls.
* Basic math skills
* Fluent in English, multi-lingual is a plus
Employment and job discrimination is prohibited by several federal and state laws including, but not limited to, Title V11, EPA, ADEA, and ADA. These laws prohibit employment discrimination based on race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Ten-minute drive from Madison’s vibrant downtown, the State Capitol and the University of Wisconsin-Madison.
The attractions in Madison span from architecture to sporting events and great theater. Conveniently located just three miles from Dane County Regional Airport, the hotel is also close to several businesses, such as General Electric, American Family Insurance, Deloitte, and Alliant Energy. Admire the beautiful lakes of Monona and Mendota, just eight miles from the hotel.
Enjoy comfort with value at our Madison, WI hotel, offering a full package of great amenities delivered with a personal touch. We guarantee a warm and inviting stay with free WiFi access, a clean and fresh Hampton bed®, Hampton’s free hot breakfast, and a free fitness center. Catch up with work at the 24-hour business center or unwind after hectic days with a dip in our indoor pool and whirlpool.