Whether you want to make your debut or go back on tour after a long hiatus, starting a career at Hard Rock Hotel Daytona Beach can feel more like play than work. Our property is the premier resort destination of Central Florida. This electrifying resort destination boasts rock star amenities at its AAA Four Diamond rated hotel ranging from Sessions restaurant, Wave bar, a Rock Spa® & Salon and music galore. Our Commitment to Service: We don’t have customers, we have Guests. Unparalleled Service isn’t just a part of our mission statement; it’s a commitment to each and every one of our current & future Guests. Our staff spends their time making sure that every single one of our guests gets the rock star treatment, but the Hard Rock Hotel family also rolls out the red carpet for our employees with competitive benefits & a great work environment.
The Front Desk Attendant is responsible for checking guests in and out, running daily reports, handling guest transactions and maintaining a bank, and answering guest inquiries. They must ensure that the front desk guest experience is quick and efficient for all guests and visitors.
- Register property guests with an emphasis on fulfilling requests, following special handling instructions, and adhering to established credit policies and procedures.
- Select and block rooms for arriving guests; pre-register individuals or groups, as required; and assist in escorting VIPs and return guests to their rooms, as requested.
- Ensure all guest information is accurate and maintained in an organized manner.
- Utilize the property management system to run daily reports and block any special requests.
- Check guests out of the property in accordance with procedures.
- Make change, cash checks, exchange foreign currency, and post charges/make adjustments to guest accounts.
- Accept reservations, changes, and cancellations in the absence of reservations staff.
- Promote room upgrades (upsell) and monitor and control product to meet goals.
- Reconcile transactions at the end of each shift, cash out, and maintain a balanced bank.
- Assist individuals and groups with check-in, checkout, and room changes.
- Work closely with the bell and door staff to coordinate the efficient handling of luggage and follow up on guest requests, inquiries, etc.
- Greet guests in all public areas of the property; answer questions, handle requests, and offer directions, as needed.
- Work with Front Office Manager regarding hotel business to keep them informed.
- Maintain positive and professional communication with all staff.
- Provide recognition to others, including co-workers, supervisors, managers, and directors.
- Participate in meetings to learn about global programs, new products and procedures, and to discuss areas of opportunities, special events, and other activities.
- Ensure a healthy and safe work environment for co-workers and guests.
- Be knowledgeable of property facilities, services, hours of operation, in-house events, conferences, and amenities to proactively assist guests.
- Promote property outlets to guests.
- Assist guests in finding locations within the property by escorting, when possible, or giving clear directions.
- Resolve guest complaints using property procedures.
- Create a positive environment in which all employees have the ability to maximize their potential.
- Listen to comments, criticisms, and feedback from guests, employees, and managers to gain an understanding of strength and opportunity to improve personal/property performance.
- Work as a team, helping all employees to complete the required activities that ensure we deliver Amplified Service.
- Participate in Sound Check meetings on each shift.
- Always smile and offer a warm greeting to all.
- Know, understand, and practice (with energy and enthusiasm) the mission, values, mottos, culture and spirit that make Hard Rock unique.
- Take initiative to offer assistance throughout the property.
- Operate ethically to protect the Hard Rock brand.
- Utilize programs designed to help Save the Planet.
- Perform duties in accordance with company standards, policies, and guidelines, and applicable laws and regulations.
- Perform additional duties as requested by department managers and supervisors.
- Communicate with supervisors and managers to ensure that assigned duties are completed to standard.
- Coordinate operations with other departments, as needed.
- Present a professional image to employees, guests, clients, owners, and investors.
- Review and develop guest history records to enhance personalized service for repeat guests.
Maintain confidentiality of guest, employee, and company information.
- Medical / Dental / Vision
- Short Term Disability / Long Term Disability / Life Insurance
- 401k - 4% Match
- Paid Vacation Days / Paid Sick Days
- Company Travel Discounts
An Equal Opportunity Employer
We provide equal opportunity without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, marital status, or disability.