ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Acts as the “Chief Business Officer” to the general manager and EC Team, and as such is responsible for evaluating the financial impact on business decisions.
- Ensure that all levels of management are promptly notified of any financial deviations from established policies and/or control weaknesses in the hotel.
- Effectively manage and communicate cash flow related issues, as required to management and ownership. This includes the accurate and timely preparation of cash-flow statements, management of receivables, cash balances, control mechanisms and timely deposits of all funds.
- Monitor hotel revenues and expenses and ensure the accurate recording in accordance with Crescent Hotels and Resorts established guidelines. Investigate and critique variances to budget or to prior year and offer practical improvement strategies to management.
- Monitor the capital planning process by assisting management with calculation of return on capital improvements, gathering support and monitoring the bid process, and evaluating scope of work and specifications.
- Ensure hotels’ compliance on all regulatory licenses and permits, leases, contracts, legal agreements, and the proper execution of all operational taxes. Provide assistance to management in enforcing compliance on all these items.
- Coordinate the completion of all forecasts and budgets as required, with the full and active participation of EC Team and department managers.
- Analyze financial data and operations in order to assist and advise management in maintaining the hotels’ financial objectives.
- Ensure that all balance sheet accounts, including bank reconciliations are reconciled on a timely basis.
- Establish and continually audit all internal financial controls including purchasing, cash handling, disbursements, credit extension, inventories, hotel assets, master keys, payroll, and employee records.
- Embrace a continuous growth environment by actively hiring professional staff and assisting in recruiting, reviewing, recommending and maintaining an inventory of qualified and promotable Associates that can potentially become Controllers, Assistant Controllers, Accounting Managers, and other managers for the organization.
- Continually focus on training and development programs for finance associates to cultivate the “brightest” and “best” talent within the industry.
- Hire, train, supervise and develop staff, including coaching, counseling and discipline.
- Maintain compliance with Crescent Hotels and Resorts standards and regulations to ensure safe and efficient operation of the hotel.
- Ensure proper utilization, maintenance and periodic upgrades of all IT systems and equipment's.
- Direct and/or prepare all financial reports in accordance with IHR requirements meeting various due dates and deadlines:
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)