The Blossom Manager is responsible for the Management and Operation, Buying & Visual Merchandising of the retail store. This role leads all activities from buying and product sourcing/selection, vendor relations, receiving, display & merchandising, sales, pricing & promotions, inventory control and reporting, staff training, daily operations, and the financial planning budget/forecast for each store. You are responsible for sales and moving merchandise to ensure high demand product lines that generate revenue are available to customers, as well as to ensure guest satisfaction through providing an exceptional in store retail, food and beverage experience, and excellent customer service.
- This position will be responsible for supervising 8 hourly employees.
- You will be responsible for supervision of employee performance and developmental coaching. This position carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies, procedures and applicable laws.
- Interview, hire, process new hire paperwork to company standard for all staff in compliance with state and federal laws and company policy.
- This position sets specific goals and objectives for all the employees supervised.
- Establishes and communicates performance criteria to all employees.
- Establishes and reinforces specific performance goals with subordinate employees and provides timely feedback.
- Formally reviews and evaluates performance goals and objectives on a regular basis of all employees under your supervision.
- When appropriate and needed, disciplining and creating performance improvement plans for employees, and when necessary terminating employees under your supervision for performance related issues.
- Maintain proper staffing levels for all operating departments.
- Schedules direct report staff.
Retail Merchandise Marketing Responsibilities
- Drive sales and profit results by leading and developing strategies on the following: product selection, buying and cost control/negotiation, retail pricing, visual displays and merchandising.
- Monitor merchandise flow, inventory controls, product sales, and drive Supply Chain Initiatives in each retail gift shop.
- Meets or exceeds budget for each store.
- Maintain budgeted cost of sales for all Retail products.
- Train sales associates on selling techniques.
- Ensure adequate staffing for each retail store based on hotel occupancy, events and local area traffic.
- Ensure accuracy of promotional presentation, including visual signage, key item placement, and seasonal fashion trends, plan for and lead sales events as needed
- Direct and organize the receiving and processing of all merchandise, manage the inventory and returns process.
- Capability to forecast emerging trends and make creative decisions to continually promote retail sales.
- Ensure back room and stock is organized and inventoried.
- Performs monthly merchandise inventory.
- Creates analytical merchandising reports to review business results and develop appropriate strategies to capitalize on business strengths and impact deficiencies.
- Direct and organize merchandise placement and presentation replenishment and sales promotion set-up; plan, execute and lead floor/fixture moves.
- Meet with General Manager to discuss store strategy and progress with budget.
- Participate/attend the retail tradeshows.
- Maintain a strong knowledge of trends and successful retail products lines.
- Develop and source local products that fit with the store/hotel brands and messaging.
- Develop vendor relationships to better source unique and creative products
- Perform other duties as assigned by General Manager.
Food & Beverage Duties
- Direct the effective and efficient daily operation of food preparation and service areas.
- Conduct monthly inventories of Food and Beverage items
- Maintain high sanitation and safety standards including food handling/safety requirements and Covid-19 related safety protocols by training and working with staff daily.
- Work directly with the Executive Chef to insure coordination of menu items and quality of the food offerings.
- Coordinate with Hotel Food & Beverage/Events teams weekly to review weekly events and communicate special needs.
- Maintain, labor costs and Food and Beverage cost of sales as budgeted.
Additional Management Duties
- Supervise retail associates including managers, supervisors, attendants, culinary and stewarding team members and are responsible for their recruitment, selection, orientation and training.
- Ability to motivate team members.
- Enforce high standards of appearance, cleanliness, graciousness and service among all managers and associates
- Communicate frequently with the team members and guests to ensure their total satisfaction and to obtain their feedback, following up on observations, suggestions and any complaints.
- Pre-shift educational/motivational meetings executed daily.
- Circulate constantly throughout the retail stores during the principal hours of service coaching and directing, to maintain an increased quality of service, cleanliness, and operation of the store.
- Oversee daily scheduling of retail, culinary & stewarding associates
- Staff performance evaluations done in a timely and consistent basis.
- Adhere to all established company HR related practices.
- Attend all required training, safety courses; attend office and departmental meetings.
- Report any safety hazards, follow up that hazard has been corrected, and assist with providing a safe work environment.
- Perform and follow up on any other duties as assigned by the General Manager
While performing the duties of this job it will require to:
- Must be able to tolerate temperature changes from hot to cold and cold to hot.
- Sit, stand, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl occasionally.
- Frequently use hands for keyboard and arms to reach.
- Heavy work – Occasionally lift and/ or move up to 25lbs of force.
- Light work - Frequently lift and move up to 10lbs.
- Minimum of 3 years in Retail sales directly involved in buying and merchandising
- Large department store experience is required.
- Hotel retail experience in a luxury 4 diamond hotel environment is required.
- Food and Beverage Service experience is preferred.
- Complete knowledge and understanding of the hospitality industry, purchasing policies and procedures.
- Must be able to work days, nights, weekends and holidays.
- Proficiency working with various computer programs including but not limited to Micros and Microsoft Office Suite.
- Proven record of organization, detail-oriented, and able to make productive and efficient decisions.
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
- Food handler’s certification required.
We participate in E-Verify