This is an exciting opportunity to join an innovative department as a key member of the Business Analytics team. The Business Analyst will work closely with the Director of Business & Operational reporting and Manager of Business Analytics to assist with accurate and timely analysis and reporting for all Domestic and International offices within the Marriott Sales and Customer Care Operations.
The basic function of this job is to analyze and critique business trends, provide timely and accurate reporting along with monthly reporting to outline the businesses operational wins and opportunities.
This position requires an individual to use critical thinking and problem-solving skills to perform ad-hoc analysis for new initiatives and give thoughtful insight and recommendations.
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in mathematics, statistics, accounting, financial or related major
- One year experience with Microsoft Office for data analysis, PowerPoint, Excel and SQL.
- Knowledge of Marriott and the hospitality industry.
- 2 - 4 years’ experience in finance, lodging and/or consulting related discipline.
- 2 - 4 years’ experience in a multi-call center operations environment
- Consulting and project management skills highly valued
- Marriott sales, finance and/or operations analysis experience
- Experience with Marriott’s business applications including Productivity Systems (e.g., Reveal, PURE, IEX) and Technical Systems (e.g., CTI, IVR).
- Strong SQL skills.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
- Proactively analyze and evaluate business trends, determine applicability and recommend modifications in the business strategy accordingly.
- Analyze, create and support operational reporting to improve business efficiencies for specific sites and regions.
- Maintain a strong knowledge of key business factors within all Marriott Sales and Customer Care Offices and identify areas of opportunity for cost reduction.
- Provide on-going operational and business analysis support to leadership to support strategic decision making using appropriate approaches, systems, and resources.
- Identify and surface best practices from existing environments and areas of opportunities to increase profitability, reduce risks, and/or improve operational efficiencies.
- Provide ad-hoc analysis based on request.
- Compile analysis used in business cases, as well as, assist with the implementation of new business programs and strategies.
Adaptability - Maintains performance level under pressure or when experiencing changes or challenges in the workplace.
Communication - Conveys information and ideas to others in a convincing and engaging manner through a variety of methods.
Problem Solving and Decision Making - Identifies and understands issues, problems, and opportunities; obtains and compares information from different sources to draw conclusions, develops and evaluates alternatives and solutions, solves problems, and chooses a course of action.
Professional Demeanor - Exhibits behavioral styles that convey confidence and command respect from others; makes a good first impression and represents the company in alignment with its values.
Building and Contributing to Teams - Participates as a member of a team to move toward the completion of common goals while fostering cohesion and collaboration among team members.
Driving for Results - Sets high standards of performance for self and/or others; assumes responsibility for work objectives; initiates, focuses, and monitors the efforts of self and/or others toward the accomplishment goals; proactively takes action and goes beyond what is required.
Planning and Organizing - Gathers information and resources required to set a plan of action for self and/or others; prioritizes and arranges work requirements to accomplish goals and ensure work is completed.
Coworker Relationships - Interacts with others in a way that builds openness, trust, and confidence in the pursuit of organizational goals and lasting relationships.
Customer Relationships - Develops and sustains relationships based on an understanding of customer/stakeholder needs and actions consistent with the company’s service standards.
Global Mindset - Supports employees and business partners with diverse styles, abilities, motivations, and/or cultural perspectives; utilizes differences to drive innovation, engagement and enhance business results; and ensures employees are given the opportunity to contribute to their full potential.
Generating Talent and Organizational Capability
Talent Management - Provides support and feedback to help individuals develop and strengthen skills and abilities needed to accomplish work objectives.
Learning and Applying Professional Expertise
Applied Learning - Seeks and makes the most of learning opportunities to improve performance of self and/or others.
Business Acumen - Understands and utilizes business information to manage everyday operations and generate innovative solutions to approach business and administrative challenges.
Technical Acumen - Understands and utilizes professional skills and knowledge in a specific functional area to conduct and manage everyday business operations and generate innovative solutions to approach function-specific work challenges.
Basic Competencies - Fundamental competencies required for accomplishing basic work activities.
o Basic Computer Skills - Uses basic computer hardware and software (e.g., personal computers, word processing software, Internet browsers, etc.).
o Mathematical Reasoning - Adds, subtracts, multiplies, or divides quickly, correctly, and in a way that allows one to solve work-related issues.
o Oral Comprehension - Listens to and understands information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences.
o Reading Comprehension – Understands written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents.
o Writing - Communicates effectively in writing as appropriate for the needs of the audience.Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer. We believe in hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive, people-first culture. We are committed to non-discrimination on any protected basis, such as disability and veteran status, or any other basis covered under applicable law.