Join our growing company!
As Senior Accountant of our growing hotel Management Company, you will support the daily financial activities of hotels in our US portfolio. Urgo Hotels & Resorts is based in Bethesda, Maryland. Our company offers competitive wages and benefits, and a professional working environment. To learn more please visit: www.urgohotels.com
* 4-6 years Hospitality Accounting experience required.
* Hotel Assistant Controller and Headquarters/Regional experience preferred.
* Marriott or Hilton brand experience preferred.
* Fosse, OnQ and back office systems, Excel proficiency, ADP experience preferred.
* Some travel to hotels will be required for site reviews and task force.
* Must be able to work a flexible schedule including some evenings, weekends, and Holidays, including at quarter and year end closing.
* Ensure accounting procedures and policies are implemented and complied with at hotel level.
* Approve weekly A/P batches from hotels.
* Confirm use tax is recorded and month end tax worksheets and supporting documentation for tax filings.
* Review house and group master accounts to ensure proper clearing for month end closing.
* Reconcile bank accounts.
* Review revenues and disbursements for hotels to ensure they are properly reported.
* With hotel GM, analyze financial data of operations; advise and assist in maintaining an efficient operation.
* Enforce internal financial controls, including purchasing, cash handling, disbursements, inventories, etc.
* Support the hotels with inquiries related to accounting functions. Respond to hotel personnel and Owner inquires.
* Assist with various audits (SOC-1, Workers’ Comp, Sales Use Tax and 401K plan). Respond to internal audit inquiries.
Urgo Hotels & Resorts is an award-winning company recognized among the top 100 hotel companies by Hotel Business Magazine. Since 1968, Urgo Hotels & Resorts and its predecessor companies-Urgo Butts and Donald J. Urgo, Esquire- has established itself as a leader in the hospitality industry specializing in development, ownership, management and providing expert asset management services across a wide variety of hotel brands and geographic regions. Urgo Hotels & Resorts and its affiliates presently have ownership interest in and/or operate hotels within the United States, Canada, and the Caribbean. Family owned and operated Urgo Hotels & Resorts strives to continue with its success while never straying from its core values of honesty, integrity, strong business acumen and diligence. We look forward to the opportunity to serve our guests and provide continued value to our partners and affiliates.
Urgo Hotels & Resorts is always looking for fresh talent. We provide competitive wages, continuous training, career development opportunities, and a generous benefits package including medical, dental, and 401k.