Posted April 17, 2021Champlin's Resort & Marina
Champlin's is under new management! Come join our team!
This is a seasonal position. Housing is provided on site!
TPG Marinas is a new, nautically anchored, hospitality development and management company. It has been created with an understanding that hospitality at its core is about people, which makes our team and our guests the most valuable components of our business. We operate in ways that empower our teams to drive bottom-line growth through optimized guest experience delivery. This position will be specifically for our premier hospitality asset - Champlin's Marina & Resort.
Primary Focus: The Champlin’s Restaurant Manager will have a two-tiered focus. Initially, and up through the seasonal opening in May, the position will assist the Food and Beverage Director in team development and training. The position will then transition to focus on front-of-house responsibilities servicing guests through our dining establishments and ensuring high quality service across the property.
What you will be doing
-Oversee front of house operations at our three food and beverage outlets to ensure the team is delivering and exceeding guest expectations
- Manages all soft and alcoholic beverage operations
- Conducts weekly liquor and wine inventories of Dock Bar, Café, and The Galley House
- Manages and trains all front of a house personnel (bartenders, servers, host, support personnel)
- Ensures all guest conflicts are met with resolutions prior to completion of the dining experience
- Schedules all front of house team members
- Oversees and manages breakfast, lunch, and dinner services
- Exceptional and consistent communication skills; both verbal and written.
- Organized and able to manage a diversity of tasks and communications focused on both team and guests alike.
- Hospitality and / or customer facing sales experience is a major plus.
- Enjoys taking a leadership role.
- An enduring attention to detail combined with an understanding that subtleties and semantics are critically impactful to our process.
- A socially savvy and possibly sometimes witty approach to interpersonal relations with colleagues, stakeholders and guests alike.
- A forward-thinking attitude that embraces change and growth as the baseline of this company’s trajectory toward market leadership and renowned excellence in both execution and profitability.
- Excellent organizational and project management techniques.
- Proficient in the use of and in all manners of information technology and tools.
- Exhibits hustle and ingenuity. No is not an answer.
Champlin's Marina & Resort
Situated on Block Island’s beautiful Great Salt Pond, Champlin’s is one of New England’s largest resorts and marinas. We are currently closed for the season and undergoing property renovations. We look forward to welcoming you in the 2021 season!