The San Manuel Band of Mission Indians (SMBMI) is a self-governing nation and as such has established tribally-managed governmental units to enhance and support services on the San Manuel reservation. The San Manuel Tribal Gaming Commission (SMTGC) is the governmental unit that was created by tribal ordinance as the primary regulator of gaming within the SMBMI?s jurisdiction, including the San Manuel Casino (Casino). The SMTGC, which includes the Surveillance Department, is responsible for maintaining legal and regulatory compliance, ensuring a high level of integrity, and safeguarding tribal and Casino assets.Under the direction of the Surveillance Operations Supervisor, the Surveillance Agent (Agent) is responsible for regulatory enforcement and compliance of established policies, procedures, regulatory publications, federal and state laws. The Agent assists in enterprise asset protection in and around the San Manuel Casino and other Tribal buildings. The Agent observes, reports, records, and documents any and all unusual and or suspicious occurrences and deviations.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
1. Analyzes recorded and live surveillance video of property-wide activities to detect any suspicious activity, violations of gaming activity including cheating at play, or suspicious financial transactions, which may pose a risk to employees, vendors, guests, Tribal residents or Casino operations.
2. Accountable for conducting observations and writing detailed and accurate reports, as well as data entry while maintaining confidentiality of Surveillance Department.
3. Responsible for multitasking between telephone calls and radio communications traffic, collecting information and logging pertinent information utilizing surveillance software in a fast-paced environment.
4. Works closely and maintains excellent communication with Casino operations and management to gather pertinent information and investigate criminal activity, injuries or illness claims/reports and safety risks.
5. Performs department audits to ensure regulatory compliance pertaining to financial transactions, morning audit drops or count room procedures, table games play and Food and Beverage health and safety codes.
6. Maintains working knowledge of Tribal Gaming Commission internal controls, casino policies and procedures, federal and state gaming regulations, Minimum Internal Control Standards (MICS) and U.S. Bank Secrecy Act as it relates to Title 31 and Suspicious Activity Reports pertaining to Casino activities.
7. Learns all games offered by Casino. Possesses strong math aptitude for authorizing payouts, reimbursement or reconciliation issues, and applies knowledge to mitigate wrongdoings.
8. Performs camera checks and inputs Surveillance Technical Work Orders or Malfunction Forms, and reports any other problems pertaining to surveillance equipment.
9. Performs other duties as assigned to support efficient operation of Department.
High School Diploma or GED required.
Degree in Criminal Justice or related field preferred.
Minimum three (3) years surveillance experience or related field required.
Must possess intermediate proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, and Outlook), commercial database systems, and internet research skills.
Previous casino surveillance experience is highly preferred.
Must obtain and maintain a Class ?A? Gaming License issued by the SMTGC.
San Manuel Band of Mission Indians and San Manuel Casino will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with applicable law.
As one of the largest private employers in the Inland Empire, San Manuel deeply cares about the future, growth and well-being of its employees. Join our team today!
All applicants must be able to demonstrate their US work authorization during the employment verification process.
San Manuel Casino is located in Highlands, CA, just 60 minutes from downtown Los Angeles, and a short drive from LA-Ontario International Airport. The gaming facility is operated by the San Manuel Entertainment Authority, an economic instrumentality of the San Manuel Band of Mission Indians. The casino floor contains over 4,800 of the latest and most innovative slot machines in a state-of-the-art facility. It features over 130 Vegas-style poker and blackjack tables, an exclusive high-limit room, and a designated Poker room.
Food & Beverage venues include Big Mo’ Cafe, Tutu's Food Court with fast-food options around the clock, Rock & Brews with a wide selection of craft burgers and craft beer from around the world, as well as legendary comedian George Lopez's Chingon Kitchen, which provides an authentic Mexican dining experience. Guests can dance the night away with DJ's at Bar Bar Bar, listen to Rock'n Roll tribute bands on stage at Rock & Brews, or enjoy Latin music at George Lopez's Chingon Tequila Lounge.
Indian gaming in California is an exciting, thriving industry. Whether working on the casino floor or providing support to gaming operations as a “behind the scenes” employee, you can contribute to a dynamic and challenging business and have opportunities to learn and grow with the gaming industry. At San Manuel, our team members define us. Working at San Manuel is more than just a job. It is a career that will help you grow into the successful professional you want to be. Apply today to join our team!