Under the direction of the Director of Restaurant Operations, Food & Beverage, the Food & Beverage Manager is responsible for the overall operation and profitability of assigned venue(s) including: developing and maintaining well performing teams; achieving financial and company objectives. The Food & Beverage Manager is responsible for maintaining proper inventory control including equipment and supplies; maintaining consistent, high quality customer service; ensuring compliance with all health and safety regulations; reviewing scheduling and staffing plans; preparing sales, inventory and personnel reports; providing dedicated leadership to the outlet(s) and maximizing employee morale through leading by example. Areas of responsibility will include all bars and restaurants within the Casino.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
1. Management accountability for all the Front of House (FOH) employees assigned to the venue(s). This includes but not limited to hiring, training and developing employees, which includes coaching, and mentoring and appropriate performance management, up to and including separation. Implements training programs to ensure high quality service, including training in service, and food and beverage product knowledge education.
2. Responsible for optimal operations during all business hours. Closely monitors customer satisfaction and resolves customer complaints. Directs the development and administration of controls for all phases of the FOH operations in an economical and profitable manner, while maintaining established standards.
3. Manages assigned venue(s) to budgeted revenue, food cost, expense, headcount, and profit. Provides explanation of any unfavorable variance on a monthly basis and prepares and implements a plan of action to track favorably to budget by end of fiscal year. Prepares budget forecasts as needed. Partnering with assigned venue Chef, manages food costs for venue to ensure food costs remain within budget, menu items remain attractive to customers (as measured by customer satisfaction and revenue generated), and food & beverage presentation meets F&B standards. Maintains accurate inventory of all china, glassware and cutlery, etc. so that adequate supplies are on hand at all times. Confirms replacement inventory is to be ordered as needed to avoid oversupply while minimizing replacement cost. Monitors mishandling/damage to inventory items and takes appropriate actions to eliminate.
4. Maintains venue to ensure cleanliness and sanitation standards, consistent with established codes, are met at all times. Maintains all equipment in accordance with maintenance schedules, orders repairs as needed and recommends replacement when warranted.
5. Performs other duties as assigned to support the efficient operation of the department.
Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring and training employees; planning, assigning reviewing and directing work; evaluating and appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
San Manuel Band of Mission Indians and San Manuel Casino will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990.
As one of the largest private employers in the Inland Empire, San Manuel deeply cares about the future, growth and well-being of its employees. Join our team today!
All applicants must be able to demonstrate their US work authorization during the employment verification process.
San Manuel Casino is located in Highlands, CA, just 60 minutes from downtown Los Angeles, and a short drive from LA-Ontario International Airport. The gaming facility is operated by the San Manuel Entertainment Authority, an economic instrumentality of the San Manuel Band of Mission Indians. The casino floor contains over 4,800 of the latest and most innovative slot machines in a state-of-the-art facility. It features over 130 Vegas-style poker and blackjack tables, an exclusive high-limit room, and a designated Poker room.
Food & Beverage venues include Big Mo’ Cafe, Tutu's Food Court with fast-food options around the clock, Rock & Brews with a wide selection of craft burgers and craft beer from around the world, as well as legendary comedian George Lopez's Chingon Kitchen, which provides an authentic Mexican dining experience. Guests can dance the night away with DJ's at Bar Bar Bar, listen to Rock'n Roll tribute bands on stage at Rock & Brews, or enjoy Latin music at George Lopez's Chingon Tequila Lounge.
Indian gaming in California is an exciting, thriving industry. Whether working on the casino floor or providing support to gaming operations as a “behind the scenes” employee, you can contribute to a dynamic and challenging business and have opportunities to learn and grow with the gaming industry. At San Manuel, our team members define us. Working at San Manuel is more than just a job. It is a career that will help you grow into the successful professional you want to be. Apply today to join our team!