Posted March 21, 2021Hampton Inn & Suites Pittsburgh/Waterfront-West Homestead
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1. Operate washing and drying equipment, load and unload laundry from machines. Measure and administer cleaning agents to laundry according to product specifications.
2. Monitor feeder information on washers, make sure all drums are full, and report any irregularities to immediate supervisor.
3. Set the proper drying and cooling times for different types of linen.
4. Clean up machines and surrounding areas.
5. Comply with attendance rules and be available to work on a regular basis.
6. Perform any other job related duties as assigned.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Must have the ability to communicate in English. Self-starting personality with an even disposition. Maintain a professional appearance and manner at all times. Can communicate well with guests. Must be willing to “pitch-in” and help co- workers with their job duties and be a team player. Working knowledge of the use of laundry chemicals and different formulas, as well as effects on various types of linen. Ability to prioritize and organize work. Ability to lift, bend, stoop, push or pull heavy loads, and stand for long periods of time. Requires lifting bundles of linen weighing up to 75 lbs. Ability to push and/or pull wheeled carts weighing up to 100 pounds.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
301 West Waterfront Drive
Homestead, PA 15120
113 Room Hotel
Find us by the side of Monongahela River. We're walking distance from shopping at the Waterfront and surrounded by neighborhood dining. The Great Allegheny Passage trail runs by our doorstep, ideal after filling up on our daily free hot breakfast. Downtown Pittsburgh is seven miles away. Enjoy our free WiFi, our heated indoor pool, and fitness center.