Posted March 23, 2021Radisson Hotel Baltimore Downtown-Inner Harbor
1.Direct and instruct the management staff in effective recruiting and interviewing techniques using methods such as verbal presentations and written directions to ensure the hiring and retention of qualified and efficient associates. Conduct interviews for all management positions.
2. Ensure that associates are developed and utilized to their maximum potential by controlling the implementation, administration and monitoring of all training programs. Instruct training classes, analyze and review current and proposed methods, consult with and make recommendations to the management staff for improvement.
3. Monitor the associate performance appraisal programs. Read and analyze evaluations and goals to ensure appraisal comments are appropriate and goals are measurable and achievable. Direct and administer associate relations programs and activities such as associate recognition and service award ceremonies, social functions and general hotel meetings to maintain a positive associate relations climate.
4. Develop, implement and administer policies and programs related to the management of all hotel personnel to ensure the maintenance of a positive and productive employment environment. Monitor same for fair and consistent application.
5. Ensure compliance with all State and Federal laws and regulations which pertain to Human Resources by reviewing current management practices, implementing new procedures and communicating verbally and in writing any new requirements.
6. Provide assistance, guidance and counseling to the General Manager, management staff and associates in order to maximize the quality and professionalism of the hotel staff by listening and interpreting concerns and objectives and seeking solutions.
7. Control the administration of wages and benefits to ensure the accurate and equitable application of same, analyzing and applying information retrieved from moderately complex reports, manuals and/or computer systems.
8. Manage all labor relations activities by administering union contracts and ensuring compliance. Respond to all grievances in writing, negotiate settlements and act as the hotel representative at all arbitrations.
9. Coordinate all other pre-selection activities, including drug testing; reference checks, etc., to ensure compliance with all Company policies and procedures.
10. Ensure all new hires and existing associates possess proper employment eligibility verifications.
11. Perform any other job related duties as assigned.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
Located in the heart of downtown and just a half mile from the Inner Harbor, Radisson Hotel Baltimore Downtown-Inner Harbor gives you easy access to area hospitals as well as the most captivating places in Charm City. The arts and entertainment district is packed with attractions within a half mile of the hotel. Take the kids to Oriole Park at Camden Yards and the National Aquarium, or see shows and expos at The Baltimore Convention Center and Royal Farms Arena. Want to get to Washington, D.C.? Penn Station is about a 10-minute drive from the hotel.
Head to the rooftop pool to soak up the sun before meeting friends or colleagues for drinks at Harbor Sports Bar and Grill, our on-site restaurant. When you want to explore the city, stop by our E-Concierge kiosk for travel tips and information. Enjoy these hotel amenities during your stay: