Are you looking for great competitive pay with exciting career advancement opportunities? Are you an experienced, talented Sous Chef with a passion for culinary adventures?
We are looking for a passionate Sous Chef to become a part of our small dream cuisine team. Our mission is to bring approachable, and new Napa inspired American cuisine in a stunning setting right here prestigious Dallas Arts District in downtown Dallas.
Join us at the HALL Arts Hotel and help deliver our delicious recipes and provide an extraordinary dining experience that keeps our guests coming back for more!
Assign, coordinate, train, and supervise the kitchen staff and set-up of food production areas within the kitchen to maximize productivity and ensure food quality, set-up and service are in accordance with standardized recipes and procedures.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1. Assign and direct the work, train kitchen associates, ensure consistency in product while maximizing productivity and minimizing waste.
2. Inspect daily use records with the Executive Chef or Executive Sous Chef to ensure that product yields and usage are filled in correctly and associates are following these estimates as closely as possible.
3. Pull all food needed for daily production from walk-in box, utilize all leftovers, and control/limit waste.
4. Communicate both verbally and in writing to provide clear direction to staff.
5. Attend all associates meetings, come up with sound suggestions on solving associate’s problems and promote and maintain effective communication between all the food production areas within the kitchen.
6. Maintain and supervise good housekeeping practices in all areas in the kitchen. Turn in the daily cleaning checklist and practice and strictly enforce the "clean as you go" policy.
7. Inspect all workstations including the associates’ cafeteria. Ensure proper set-up for breakfast, lunch and/or dinner. Review processes for better efficiency.
8. Monitor performance of staff and ensure all procedures are completed to the department standards; rectify deficiencies with respective personnel.
9. Prepare daily production charts. Discuss and execute daily menu specials with Executive Sous Chef and Executive Chef.
10. Comply with attendance rules and be available to work on a regular basis and maintain flexibility to work with business demands.
11. Perform any other job-related duties as assigned.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND ABILITIES: Must have the ability to communicate in English. Self-starting personality with an even disposition. Maintain a professional appearance and manner at all times. Can communicate well with guests. Must be willing to “pitch-in” and help co-workers with their job duties and be a team player. Ability to apply basic supervisory skills to plan, organize, direct, coach, train and discipline employees, as necessary. Ability to operate all types of kitchen equipment. Finger/hand dexterity in order to operate food machinery. Ability to grasp, lift and/or carry, or otherwise, move goods weighing a maximum of 100 lbs. on a continuous schedule.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
HALL Arts Hotel offers the perfect blend of art and the services and luxuries of an upscale boutique hotel in the heart of the Dallas Arts District. With surrounding views of Pritzker Prize-winning architecture, such as the Winspear Opera House and Wyly Theatre, HALL Arts Hotel provides a unique opportunity to stay in the cultural center of Dallas.
HALL Arts Hotel will be the preeminent luxury hotel in Dallas, with uncompromising class and exceptional elegance.
Hotel features include: