This Marketing and Communication Manager provides marketing, communication, PR, and digital marketing expertise to a market (or cluster) of properties with some regional proximity. This role provides high-level consultation and guidance to property Marketing and Communication teams by helping manage and coordinate marketing strategy across hotels consistent with Portfolio and Continent strategy. This Marketing and Communication Manager supports direct marketing plans, targeted campaigns, and activating channels to drive revenue, increased market share, and brand awareness for their property partners. This role looks across a market at all local, social, and digital marketing efforts to effectively integrate with the selling efforts for the organization. This role exercises knowledge of how to leverage public relations to drive hotel and brand awareness; serves as both a contact point for hotels as well as the regional PR team. This Marketing and Communication Manager pulls through Continent marketing programs and leverages sales channels and platforms based on the local needs of properties to position the hotel and its offerings in a relevant way to potential guests. Finally, this role plays a key part in supporting new hotel openings; they partner with other disciplines (e.g., Sales, Revenue Management, and eCommerce) to help the hotels open successfully, and also provide strategic consultation around marketing budget planning and activities.
Education and Experience
• 2-year degree from an accredited university in Marketing, Public Relations, Business Administration or related major and 4 years experience in the sales, marketing, digital or related professional area; hospitality marketing or digital advertising experience preferred
• 4-year bachelor's degree in Marketing, Public Relations, Business, or related major; 2 years experience in the sales, marketing, digital or related professional area; hospitality marketing or digital advertising agency experience preferred.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Regional Marketing and Advertising
• Partners with properties to execute promotions and campaigns through traditional and digital channels that target in-house guests with promotions that drive incremental revenue
• Ensures all advertising for the hotel in traditional advertising mediums and digital and social media channels is in brand voice
• Serves as a consultant to properties to provide guidance on how to leverage advertising agencies on supporting advertising campaigns, creative and media plans, and food and beverage promotions.
• Maintains frequent, active engagement with the cluster Director of Marketing & Communications and cluster eCommerce and Digital leads to ensure alignment, pull-through, and 2-way communication about status, performance evaluation, opportunities, and issues related to online programs and initiatives
• Supports execution of email marketing campaigns for their region
• Supports the overarching marketing strategy by helping properties activate and manage their content on relevant digital platforms
Regional Social Media Support
• Focuses on supporting region-wide digital engagement via social media (e.g., Facebook, Twitter, Sina Weibo, wechat, etc.)
• Facilitates social media engagement, Hotel Website content update (especially for Food & Beverage outlets), and updating content in other digital channels (e.g., hotel websites)
• Supports the execution of promotions campaign in F&B, weddings, spa, rooms and conferences through relevant social media channels
Public Relations and Visual Asset Management
• Maintains a comprehensive list of international and local media contacts, with particular emphasis on F&B media contacts
• Manages assigned accounts as per the media account management system
• Manages external vendors and media agencies; work with agency partners to identify strategic media buys for their hotel(s)
• Liaises with continent PR leadership to ensure media placement for hotel(s) supports the overall hotel marketing strategy
• Acts as consulting resource for property marketing teams looking for regional photographers for food, amenity, and property imagery and ensures all photography adheres to brand voice
Regional Marketing Activation Tracking
• Consults with Brand and Field marketing leaders on the execution of marketing strategy through digital channels
• Liaises with Marriott Rewards teams, sales, and revenue management to ensure digital customer engagement is right for property/regions
• Provides consultation to property Marketing Communications teams on correct pull through of brand voice in digital channels (e.g., social media, OTAs, HWS)
Activates New Hotel Openings
• Assists and supports the coordination of photography for F&B advertising, collateral and public relations purposes between the hotel, advertising agency and the marketing department at corporate office
• Partners with Director of Sales and Marketing and Field Marketing team to help plan marketing budget, both for pre-opening period and through post-opening
• Partners with regional Online Sales and Marketing managers to ensure on-brand property imagery is live in digital channels (e.g., social media, OTAs, HWS)
• Work with regional eCommerce and Digital teams to position the hotel on digital channels
• Collaborate with regional Field Marketing to develop, recommend and execute the opening S&M plan for the hotel
• Ensure photo shoots and photography for property are in brand-voice before they are incorporated into marketing channels
• Engage with owners and hotel GMs to help explain and set up services of marketing support
• Assists with the development, co-ordination and execution of all communications activities with a strong emphasis on F&B promotions and campaigns across their region
• Works with eCommerce to ensure their hotels’ website and related websites are updated on a regular basis
• Provides training and marketing leadership and acts as a marketing subject matter expert for area Sales, Revenue, and Operations leadersMarriott International is an equal opportunity employer. We believe in hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive, people-first culture. We are committed to non-discrimination on any protected basis, such as disability and veteran status, or any other basis covered under applicable law.
Conveniently situated near the city's downtown business hub, we're a wonderful destination for business and leisure. Step into our airy, welcoming lobby, with its communal high table with power outlets and two private reading corners. Recently refreshed rooms and suites boast high ceilings and space to spread out, as well as walk-in closets, large marble bathrooms and flat-screen TVs. Savor a meal at our upscale hotel steakhouse, or stop in to our Mediterranean restaurant. If you're looking to maintain your fitness while in Riyadh, our Bodyline Health Club & Fitness Center features a gym, squash and tennis courts, an indoor pool and a full menu of massage services. Those hosting events will be delighted with our 39,858 square feet of recently renovated venue space and exquisite catering. If you'd like to explore, Kingdom Centre Tower, King Abdulaziz Historical Center and the National Museum of Saudi Arabia are all within reach.