We're Busy, and We're Hiring! $1000 HIRING BONUS for Restaurant Staff
Bonus is paid out after 90 days of successful employment. Must be hired by May1, 2021.
Resting along the shores of Lake LBJ, Horseshoe Bay Resort's upscale, lifestyle vacation destination, puts you just a short drive from Austin and in the heart of the Hill Country. Offering more than ten unique food and beverage outlets. Our sophisticated lakeside dining and upscale cuisine is served for lunch and dinner at the Yacht Club. The elegant, nautical-themed setting overlooks beautiful Lake LBJ and offers a creative menu of seafood, steaks and chef-prepared specialties like prosciutto-wrapped cod, chicken fried lobster and porcini veal chop marsala. Can you taste it yet?
Perform all methods of cookery, portion control, garnishing of dishes and follow recipes in accordance with standards set forth by Executive Chef. Follow direction of Resort Executive Chef, Managing Chef and/or Sous Chefs in maintaining the highest standards of food quality, taste and production.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
● Ensure production of food in a timely manner.
● Prepare food so that quality, taste and appearance of food is in accordance with HSB Resort standards.
● Control proper usage and rotation of food.
● Ensure food quality and appearance on buffet, and plated food, is in accordance with HSB Resort standards.
● Alert Chef or direct supervisor to any food quality issues that could have an adverse effect on HSB Resort culinary operations.
● Maintain walk-in coolers and food storage areas on a daily basis.
● Maintain a neat, clean and sanitary workstation.
● Ensure outlined prep is completed in a timely manner for the next shift.
● Assist other departments as needed.
● Carry out duties and responsibilities of job as deemed necessary by Resort Executive Chef, Managing Chef or Sous Chef on duty, and as changes occur in work environment and/or workload.
● High School Diploma or GED preferred.
● 1 – 3 years prior culinary experience.
● Complete safety trainings and certifications including TABC and Food Handlers.
● Maintain confidentiality of proprietary information.
● Basic oral and written communication skills and able to follow instructions.
● Maintain proper associate uniform standards and footwear which is slip and oil resistant, enclosed toe and heel.
BENEFITS FOR FULL-TIME ASSOCIATES:
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
Resting along the shores of Lake LBJ, Horseshoe Bay Resort's upscale, lifestyle vacation destination, puts you just a short drive from Austin and San Antonio. The picture-perfect Texas Hill Country scenery inspires you to unwind in modern rooms, suites and villas, many with views of the lake. Taste creative local cuisine at our restaurants, play a round on three championship golf courses and enjoy fun family activities, from boating to tennis. Say "I do" with a romantic lakeside wedding, indulge with a day at our resort spa, or host an intimate celebration in one of our scenic outdoor venues.