Posted May 6, 2021US Sales Office - Western Southwest
The Assistant General Manager Specialist has operational and limited financial responsibility for a given MSB hotel for the length of the assignment. The Assistant General Manager Specialist operates any and all hotel departments according to the Brand Standards and the directive of the Regional Manager.
· Provide a model behavior for guest service at the given hotel. Extend professional courtesy to all guests.
· Support or create SMART Guest Service goals and post expectations and results visible to all associates.
· Respond to all guest service issues and inquiries in a professional timely manner.
· Provide Service Training by delivering the Brand Specific Service Training modules.
· Support or create Associate Satisfaction goals of the hotel by monitoring compliance of the hotel’s action steps.
· Conduct Associate Satisfaction.
· Support or implement the Get On Board and New Associate training process.
· Support or create Operations Managers technical and leadership skill development plans.
· Ensure Brand Standard Service training compliance.
· Provide Benefits information by using tools available in MyHR Website.
· Support Marriott’s Guarantee of Fair Treatment policy
· Conduct weekly Leadership Staff Meetings.
Financial and Administrating Responsibilities
· Review or create the given hotel’s financial reports: Budget, Profit and Loss Statement, Labor Statistics, Distribution Summary, Food and Beverage Recap, Wage progress and Forecast Reports. Support current or create financial action steps to achieve the hotel’s goals.
· Complete or review the given hotel’s Period End Critique document. Prepare for and Participate in the Period End Critique process with the Regional Director, Owner/ Asset Manager.
· Review or create the given hotel’s compliance with all of the Marriott Corporate Accounting procedures.
· Review the assigned hotel’s ADA Plan.
· Review or create the assigned hotel’s Sales Forecast.
· Monitor the hotel’s purchases and ensure financial checkbook accounting compliance.
Sales and Marketing Responsibilities
· Represent the assigned hotel in Cluster Revenue and Sales and Marketing meetings.
· Review the support the given hotel’s major accounts and current Sales and Marketing action plan.
· Monitor daily sales strategy; make recommendation to the Revenue Manager to adjust daily inventory restriction to maximize revenue.
· Review and utilize fully the assigned hotel’s sales engines.
· Have working knowledge to operate the following software:
PMS, MARSHA, Microsoft Office, Outlook.
· Have working knowledge to access the following to on-line information:
OnDemand, PeopleSoft, MRDW, Marrpay, Marriott Global Source, Peoplesoft 8.8, MIFS and Marriott.com
· Produce clear, accurate and well-written documents in representation of the hotel or the Region/Area.
· Comply with Marriott’s Travel and Business Expense Reimbursement Corporate Policy (MIP 44)
· Report Payroll Time Date accurately and promptly to the Payroll Administrator.
· Provide a written report of accomplishments and follow up plans and actions to each assigned hotel.
· Create yearly SMART LPP goals that support the Region and the Brand and monitor compliance.
· Solicit performance comments from visited hotels and incorporate learning in the personal development plan.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer. We believe in hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive, people-first culture. We are committed to non-discrimination on any protected basis, such as disability and veteran status, or any other basis covered under applicable law.