Grow with us!
Life at SH is based on a simple idea: the world is beautiful and we want to keep it that way, through responsible, forward-looking financial plans that make the most of our dollars and advance our mission. The SH Finance and Accounting team is one of the main secrets behind our brand’s success. It’s a group of math geniuses, accounting gurus, strategists, analysts, and more, who together run a highly-focused, responsible, and motivated team that’s dedicated to driving the bottom line by analyzing complex data and drawing evidence-backed conclusions.
We’re currently searching for a Staff Accountant to support this brilliant Finance and Accounting team.
(Inside Tip: if you spend your spare time finding the stories behind the numbers, we should definitely talk).
What you will be doing
Supports the day-to-day execution of general ledger impacted processes, including support to clients as they work with and understand these processes. Performs accounting functions specifically in the areas of account balancing, ledger reconciliation, reporting and discrepancy resolution, general cashier and accounts payable. In addition:
- Coordinates and implements accounting work and projects as assigned.
- Validate the correctness of the Daily Operations Report and distribute to Executive Committee and Owner Representative daily.
- Audit Exec Checks, Petty Cash, and Adjustment reports daily, distribute to Guidance Team.
- Compile and distribute hotel “Cash Over/Short” report, & balances credit card ledgers.
- Prepare daily consolidate deposits of cash received in outlets and by Front Desk.
- Audit cashier banks periodically and as needed.
- Assist with invoice processing and matching PO’s to invoices for processing
- Coordinates, implements and follows up on Accounting SOP audits for all areas of the property.
- Complies with all applicable laws related to fraud and collection procedures.
- Analyzes information and evaluates results to choose the best solution and solve problems.
- Assist in the month end close process through journal entry preparations, balance sheet reconciliations and P&L analysis and review
- Verifies contracts for groups and performs credit reference checks for direct billed groups if necessary.
- Achieves and exceeds goals including performance goals, budget goals, team goals, etc.
- Monitors all taxes that apply, ensuring that taxes are current, collected and/or accrued.
- Maintains a strong accounting and operational control environment to safeguard assets.
- Demonstrates knowledge of job-relevant issues, products, systems, and processes including but not limited to: return check procedures, write off procedures
- Uses computers and computer systems (including hardware and software) to program, write software, set up functions, enter data, or process information.
- A minimum of 2+ years of experience in finance and/or accounting.
- A team player, hard worker, multi-tasker and detail oriented.
- Is flexible and willing to meet the demands of a 24-hour operation.
- Designed by nature work environment
Work/Life Balance - Generous Paid Time off, holiday pay, paid time to give back
Wellness - Competitive Medical, Dental & Vision; Company paid Health and Wellness program to promote healthy living; delicious, healthy complimentary snacks and beverages.
Retirement Planning - 401(k)/Retirement Savings Plan
Career Advancement Opportunities - Were growing rapidly and with growth comes advancement opportunities!
SH University - Offers eligible team members a chance to grow and flourish from obtaining professional development and courses/certifications through our exclusive online learning educational platform.
Team Member Recognition program - Earn rewards and pay it forward, while doing all the good you can!
SH Hotels & Resorts is committed to providing diversity in our workplace that is representative at all levels, for the communities we serve. We celebrate equal employment opportunities embracing an environment of mutual respect without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship, age sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, or any other characteristic protected by law. It’s a responsibility we all share—it’s 1 world.