ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1. Spend majority of shift on foot patrol, walking, climbing stairs of the interior and perimeter of the hotel to observe and identify potential security and safety risks or undesirable conditions. Requires verbal communication using pager and two way radio, bending, stooping and kneeling.
2. Maintain order in the hotel, dealing with the welfare of guests. Coordinate expedient response to emergency conditions such as fire, fire or safety hazards and threats to life and/or property in a calm, rational and persuasive manner. Handle undesired conduct and potential violations of hotel policy as warranted for the security and safety of hotel guests, associates, patrons and property. Requires grasping, lifting and or carrying or otherwise moving persons, packages, luggage, wheelchairs and safety equipment using manual dexterity of hands.
3. Watch for suspicious persons entering, exiting, or loitering around building. Conduct walk through observations of entire hotel. Promote safe work practices.
4. Operate company vehicle and abide by all traffic regulations.
5. Memorize and monitor life safety system installed at property including layout of entire building, alarm pull stations, location of fire extinguisher and sprinklers.
6. Comply with attendance rules and be available to work on a regular basis.
7. Perform any other job related duties as assigned.
8. Respond to any guest maintenance engineer requests
REQUIRED SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Valid Drivers License with a clear driving record for the past 3 years with no moving violations required.
Must have the ability to communicate in English. Self-starting personality with an even disposition. Maintain a professional appearance and manner at all times. Can communicate well with guests. Must be willing to “pitch-in” and help co- workers with their job duties and be a team player. Thorough knowledge of the layout of the building, function rooms, and some knowledge of the city and surrounding areas. Ability to stand, walk and/or sit and continuously perform essential job functions for duration of shift. Hearing and visual ability to observe and detect signs of emergency situations. Ability to perform tasks requiring bending, stooping, kneeling, and walking significant distances between and within buildings on the property. Ability to grasp, lift and/or carry or otherwise move goods weighing a maximum of 150 lbs. Sufficient manual dexterity in hands. Ability to climb stairs and ladders at a rapid pace. Ability to perform duties within extreme temperature ranges.
Our customers are what we are about. One of the keys to a positive guest experience is positive interaction with Crescent staff. It is essential that you remain professional at all times, and that you treat all guests and associates with courtesy and respect, under all circumstances. Every Crescent associate is a guest relations ambassador, every working minute of every day.
In order to maintain a positive guest and associate experience, your work habits should always meet and strive to exceed hotel standards for work procedures, dress, grooming, punctuality and attendance. You should be adaptable to change in your work area and in hotel procedures with a willingness to learn new skills and/or improve existing ones, have the ability to solve routine problems that occur on the job and ask for help whenever you are not sure how to do something.
Safety & Security:
The safety and security of our guests and associates is of utmost importance to Crescent Hospitality. Every Crescent associate should adhere to the hotel security policies and
procedures, particularly regarding key controls, lifting heavy objects, using chemicals, and effectively reporting safety hazards and safety concerns.
This description excludes non-essential and marginal functions of the position that are incidental to the performance of the fundamental job duties. Furthermore, the specific examples in each section are not intended to be all-inclusive. Rather, they represent the typical elements and criteria considered necessary to perform the job successfully. Other job-related duties may be assigned by the associate’s supervisor.
Furthermore, this description is subject to change, in the sole discretion of the Company, and in no way creates an employment contract, implied or otherwise; each associate remains, at all times, an “at will” associate.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
Introducing Hotel Vinache
If there is one thing we know at Hotel Vinache is that every stay in New Orleans is a memorable one. New Orleans is a city with deep roots and stories to tell, whose music and food captivates everyone who visits our well-worn streets. Take a stroll down Canal Street and you will discover Hotel Vinache at the center of it all. Steps away from The French Quarter, Bourbon Street, theater and business districts our newly-renovated hotel in New Orleans is ideally situated near all the top attractions. Explore the rich history of the area and visit popular destinations including the French Quarter, the Art District, and the Garden District. After a busy day of sightseeing, return to the comfort of our spacious and modern guestrooms and suites.