Posted March 30, 2021Hilton - Regional Headquarters - Europe
Hilton (NYSE: HLT) is a leading global hospitality company with a portfolio of 18 world-class brands comprising more than 6,400 properties and more than one million rooms, in 119 countries and territories. Dedicated to fulfilling its founding vision to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality, Hilton has welcomed more than 3 billion guests in its more than 100-year history, earned a top spot on the 2020 World’s Best Workplaces list, and was named the 2020 Global Industry Leader on the Dow Jones Sustainability Indices. In 2020, Hilton CleanStay was introduced, bringing an industry-defining standard of cleanliness and disinfection to hotels worldwide. Through the award-winning guest loyalty program Hilton Honors, the more than 112 million members who book directly with Hilton can earn Points for hotel stays and experiences money can’t buy, plus enjoy instant benefits, including contactless check-in with room selection, Digital Key, and Connected Room.
Proving best in class support to our developers through industry leading tools and research, constant improvement and responsiveness.
Under direction from the SVP Development and reporting into the Director Development Renewals, Retention & Support EMEA, the position must work effectively with colleagues and industry contacts to assist in the execution of Hilton’s development strategy with respect to our chosen brands and business models, within Europe, Middle East & Africa. The Development Manager also actively supports the Retention team in implementing related processes and procedures to assist in retaining our portfolio whilst protecting brand integrity, and maintaining friendly and engaging owner relations.
The Development Manager establishes, maintains and enhances quality working relationships with key internal & external stakeholders with a view to effectively compile up-to-date market intelligence and relevant information for the benefit of the development community. This information will be used in commercial presentations, development collateral and internal reporting to leadership. The Development Manager is also responsible for maximizing Hilton’s development exposure through printed material, media, web sites, conferences and other industry related events.
The role is responsible for ensuring the optimum usage of the deal reporting system, through active maintenance, training and understanding of interfaces with other relevant company systems. Additionally, a number of tools and resources will need to be maintained and updated regularly including the development website and various internal intelligence repositories and reporting platforms.
Strong interpersonal skills are required in communications with senior leaders and external stakeholders and drafting a variety of outstanding proposals and presentations for a wide range of audiences; ability to work independently with limited supervision to deliver projects within tight at times deadlines.
Estimated Time Allocation:
• Internal reporting 25%
• Commercial documents, tactical collateral and presentations 20%
• Support to strategic internal projects (market research, coordination, meetings) 15%
• Assisting with Retention related work 10%
• Addressing ad-hoc requests of development and collaboration with other teams 10%
• Industry events and conferences (attendance and preparation) 10%
• Administration/Planning/Training 10%
• Retains excellent and transparent filing and administration system; is the first point of contact for any development related query and the administrator of the development database and reporting platform.
• Pro-actively seeks up-to-date and impactful market-derived and internal information to support commercial endeavors by the development community, while maintaining up to date knowledge of Hilton brands, product initiatives and services and accordingly on-going relationship with the individuals driving these initiatives.
• Maintains and updates development tools and resources and coordinates the dissemination of relevant information among the development community.
• Maintains the profile of Hilton with industry partners and members of the investment community. And manages Hilton’s presence at development conferences and events, including organization and setup of such conferences where applicable.
• Produces accurate development dashboards and other necessary activity reports.
• Compiles, reviews and/or consolidates as required development deal summaries for internal approval.
• Supports the Retention team with execution of processes and procedures and assists Development senior leadership with required analyses, reports, research projects and commercial documents & presentations.
• Works effectively with all support functions (e.g. Legal, Feasibility, Finance, Corporate Compliance, Brands, etc.) to avoid any bottleneck situation preventing the completion of a development project.
• Maintains strong collaboration with other Development Managers across the organization in order to leverage best practices and ideas to the benefit of the region.
• Maintains functional, general and administrative activity within budget.
• Leads regular meetings with the Director Development Renewals, Retention & Support EMEA, to review planned projects and required reporting/updates, provide an update on ongoing initiatives, and proactively prioritize tasks.
• Pro-actively suggests ideas to improve the department’s efficiency, to increase our exposure and raise our profile to ultimately support our growth.
• Takes on with enthusiasm a large amount of ad-hoc requests aimed at facilitating the smooth running of the development function and support if and when needed specific regional teams.
What are we looking for?
To fulfill this role successfully, you must possess the following minimum qualifications and experience:
• Accuracy, attention to detail, responsiveness, proactiveness.
• Excellent command of the English language.
• High proficiency in Excel, PowerPoint and Word.
• Understanding of fundamentals of hotel operations, finance and real estate investment.
• Strong communication & interpersonal skills at different levels.
• A self-starter with the ability to anticipate and not simply react to business needs.
• Strong ability to manage a range of competing priorities and demands (strong time management skills are essential)
• Results driven, tenacious, able to work under pressure and openness to regular feedback (in line with the wide audience addressed)
• Strong analytical skills and ability to make decisions on his/her own.
• Ability to work independently combined with a team spirit and desire to support a team.
• Previous experience in developing an expert level of analytic skills with the ability to present complex information to senior audiences
It would be advantageous in this position for you to demonstrate the following capabilities and distinctions:
• Relevant industry experience
• Preferably someone who combines a solid understanding of and a passion for the hotel industry (e.g. operational experience) with good analytical skills and either an experience or inclination towards sales-driven functions.
• An aspiration to build a career in hotel development.
• Additional language(s) would be considered an advantage.
What will it be like to work for Hilton?
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands. Our vision “to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality” unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!
Maple Court, Central Park, Reeds Crescent
Watford, WD24 4QQ
Hilton is one of the largest and fastest growing hospitality companies in the world, with more than 5,100 properties with more than 838,000 rooms in 103 countries and territories. In the nearly 100 years since our founding, we have defined the hospitality industry and established a portfolio of 14 world-class brands, including our flagship Hilton Hotels & Resorts brand, which is the most recognized hotel brand in the world. We have more than 69 million members in our award–winning customer loyalty program, Hilton Honors.