Leads a Marketing team to create and manage property-level marketing, public relations activations and goals for the region. Under the leadership of Property Marketing Leader (Brand) and Hotel General Managers, promotes on-brand messaging to customers through experiential, digital, and social media channels to enhance the image of the hotels in the local market and key feeder markets. Builds direct marketing plans and targeted campaigns and oversees PR agency activities to drive brand awareness and activate channels that secure consumer brand preference and increase market share. Drives Food and Beverage promotions to hotel guests and local scenesters. As brand champion, defines hotel marketing strategies and builds deep partnerships with regional eCommerce and Marketing teams to verify that all local, social, and digital marketing efforts are effectively integrated with the selling efforts of the organization. Identifies critical marketplace synergies and regional partnerships and acts as a single point of contact for the new sales organization. Works with hotel General Managers to align marketing plans to key business strategies and elevate the role of marketing beyond events.
Education and Experience
• 4-year bachelor's degree in Marketing, Public Relations, Business, or related major.
• 5 - 7 years experience in the sales, marketing, digital or related professional area.
• Hospitality and marketing or digital advertising agency experience.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
• Conducts marketing activities to achieve departmental goals. Oversees and supports the group of hotels’ annual marketing and public relations plans created by the brand Marketing Managers, under the direction of the regional Property Marketing Leader.
• Works alongside B&F teams to develop and execute regular programming calendars and key showcase Happenings.
• Demonstrates the need for appropriate budgeting and resources and makes certain that Marketing Managers are staying on budget.
• Acts as a brand advocate for brand culture across the portfolio of hotels.
• Develops strategic initiatives and partnerships around brand passion points driving guest experience and business goals.
• Drives and monitors all brand and properties’ content both online and offline.
• Drives growth and mentors a team of junior marketing managers. Understands business goals and distributes them to the team.
Happenings and Programming
• Leads the team to conceptualize and drive regular programming with B&F teams, that generate word-of-mouth and positive PR traction.
• Sets goals around regular programming and key weekly happenings. Communicates updates among hotel teams, brand team and regional leadership.
• Drives footfall towards B&F venues with awareness of revenue goals.
• Manages overview and status documentation regarding team events.
• Manages PR Agency to identify synergies.
• Drives partnerships that strengthen B&F offerings and programming by developing new city-wide strategic partners within music, fashion and design fields.
• Makes certain that marketing managers are building connections locally and share best practices nationally.
• Evaluates and manages incoming media requests.
• Works with sales and revenue teams to drive RPI, new collateral and packages (as relevant).
• Reacts to meetings/banqueting and room sales forecasts with appropriate sales/field marketing assistance.
• Works with Digital team to optimize, design and build relevant digital channels.
• Leads workstream for hotels to make certain that that new products are robust and are driving revenue and awareness.
• Places and designs advertising when necessary.
• Serves as a single point of contact for the Americas BMD Team. Measures and evaluates the impact of all content and initiatives via the Americas Digital team.
• Implements brand content on new external and internal websites.
• Manages OTA updates, text and photography.
• Drives new ideas and selects property happenings content to be loaded to the brand content hubs.
• Manages all social media channel posts (excluding guest complaint management).
• Works with appropriate hotel teams to manage brand reputation on the third party and company websites (TripAdvisor, Starwood reviews, Facebook).
• Briefs all design collateral to outside agencies, as required.
• Evaluates all printed, electronic and guest-facing material is on brand to make certain that it is brand and locally relevant.
• Educates all hotel teams on brand standards when possible. Controls and drafts key budget trackers.
• Hosts key stakeholder meetings, drafts agendas, circulates contact reports and seeks property GM approvals.
• Manages office systems.
MIRJMarriott International is an equal opportunity employer. We believe in hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive, people-first culture. We are committed to non-discrimination on any protected basis, such as disability and veteran status, or any other basis covered under applicable law.