Leadership is a great gift for someone who decides to own it.
Life is precious including the experiences we have with food and the people we share those experiences with the Food & Beverage teams at SH Hotels & Resorts understand (and value) that thoughtful ingredients and extraordinary people are both required to execute an exquisite experience for our guests.
We’re currently in search of a Food & Beverage Manager who shares these values and will champion them at 1 Hotel Central Park at our signature restaurant, Jams. Our ideal candidate strives to be a leader second-to-none, knows how to motivate a team, elevate standards, and cultivate an environment for learning as we all continue to grow. We’re looking for a people magnet, a genius at anticipating obstacles and finding quick solutions. Most important, someone who’s not afraid to get in the trenches with their team to achieve the ultimate outcome. Sound like you? We’d love to connect.
ABOUT JAMS RESTAURANT
Jams Restaurant, located in the 1 Hotel Central Park and led by James Beard award winning Chef Jonathan Waxman. Jams is based on the model of “California Cuisine” that is rooted in cultivating a safe relationship with the environment, with a committed focus on local, sustainable and organic seasonal produce.
• Monitor flow of service, reservations, and special requests for all guests. Interact with every table during meal periods.
• Responsible for hiring of restaurant and bar/lounge staff within 1 Hotel established policies, including personnel requisitions, screening of applicants, interviews, etc.
• Control and monitor employee performance standard, conduct and disposition toward their jobs. Prepare periodic performance reviews.
• Responsible for keeping all restaurant and bar/lounge staff files; i.e. addresses, phone numbers, attendance cards, vacation requests, payroll sheets, etc.
• Complete payroll and overtime reports timely and submit to the Restaurant and Bar Manager approval.
• Due to the cyclical nature of the hospitality industry and report deadlines, employee may be required to work varying schedules to meet the business needs of the hotel and report deadlines. This may include weekends and holidays.
• Maintain and encourage a culture of sustainability by hiring, training and leading to support team and guest facing initiatives and practices.
• Build and maintain a sustainability culture and execute initiatives to enliven this culture such as sustainable menu options, responsible procurement of food and beverage programs.
In addition to performance of the essential functions, this position may be required to perform a combination of the following supportive functions, with the percentage of time performing each function solely determined by the supervisor based upon the particular requirements of the hotel:
• Ensure maintenance of equipment by calling for repairs and training staff on proper use.
• Support the entire Food & Beverage operation including supervising other areas if necessary, handling public relations and marketing.
• Provide clean and safe environment by assigning and assisting with cleaning.
SH Hotels & Resorts is committed to providing diversity in our workplace that is representative at all levels, for the communities we serve. We celebrate equal employment opportunities embracing an environment of mutual respect without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship, age sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, or any other characteristic protected by law. It’s a responsibility we all share—it’s 1 world.
As part of the 1 Hotels Central Park team, you’re welcoming friends, old and new, while connecting them to the community around you. It’s natural and uncomplicated. It’s an opportunity to deliver informed service with a conscience in a way that’s distinctively you.