Manages all event service, banquet and event technology operations and staff on a daily basis. Core area of responsibility is the event operation team, including the Senior Banquet Managers, Banquet Managers, Senior Event Service Managers, Event Service Managers, Event Technology and Operations Managers. Position ensures the highest level of service throughout the event phase. Maximizes revenue opportunities by up-selling during the event phase and maximizes profit by effectively managing costs. The position is responsible for achieving guest and employee satisfaction and for managing the financial performance of the Event Operations Department.
Education and Experience
• High school diploma or GED; 4 years experience in the event management, food and beverage, sales and marketing, or related professional area.
• 2-year degree from an accredited university in Hotel and Restaurant Management, Hospitality, Business Administration, or related major; 2 years experience in the event management, food and beverage, sales and marketing, or related professional area.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Managing Event Management Operations and Budgets
• Works with the management team to develop and implement the business plan and long term strategies for event operations.
• Establishes and monitors measurable goals for the department.
• Champions all standards, policies and procedures in the Event Operations departments.
• Oversees the execution of event logistics for all events.
• Oversees the administrative processes associated with the event phase of a function and the associated transitions between all event phases as they relate to the service delivery team.
• Ensures function space and corresponding heart of the house areas are cleaned and maintained.
• Ensures furniture and equipment is maintained and inventory levels are kept in accordance to corporate guidelines.
• Communicates and executes departmental and property emergency procedures and ensures staff are trained in safety procedures.
• Participates in MVP audits and level certification for all technicians.
• Ensures employees maintain required certification.
• Assists with implementation and execution of all event related corporate initiatives and promotions.
• Ensures department is working within budget and adjusts expenditures according to revenues.
• Maintains awareness of current trends in event management and integrates into the operation in a timely manner.
• Reviews effectiveness of event operations annually and makes appropriate adjustments.
Ensuring Exceptional Customer Service
• Consult with customers in order to determine objectives and requirements for events such as meetings, conferences, and conventions.
• Displays leadership in guest hospitality, exemplifies excellent customer service and creates a positive atmosphere for guest relations.
• Maintains customer satisfaction to insure retention and growth of business through referrals and repeat events.
Leading Event Management Teams
• Leads execution of activities in Event Operations to support the Event Management strategy.
• Leads event management/operations meetings.
• Coordinates the Event Operations members of Event Delivery teams.
• Works with culinary team to ensure compliance to food handling and sanitation standards.
• Works with Human Resources to ensure compliance with all applicable laws and regulations.
• Ensures that regular, ongoing communication is happening in all areas of event operations.
Maintaining Relationships with Property Stakeholders
• Communicates effectively with property departments outside of Event Operations.
• Maintains a strong working relationship with guests/clients, vendors and competitors.
Conducting Human Resources Activities
• Reviews staffing levels to ensure that guest service and operational needs are met.
• Works with direct reports to review scheduled events and troubleshoot potential challenges/conflicts.
• Attends pre-event meetings to understand group needs, set appropriate expectations and gather critical information to communicate to Event Operations Team.
• Ensures disciplinary procedures and documentation are completed according to Standard Operating Procedures and Local Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs and LSOPs) and support the Peer Review Process.Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer. We believe in hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive, people-first culture. We are committed to non-discrimination on any protected basis, such as disability and veteran status, or any other basis covered under applicable law.
The Ritz-Carlton, Laguna Niguel premiered as the first luxury beach resort along coastal Orange County. Today, the Dana Point resort boasts a newly re-imagined vibe, services and spaces, yet still occupies its perch atop 150 foot bluff featuring cascading views of the Pacific Ocean. The hotel is the premiere destination for travelers who desire a playful approach to Southern California luxury. Located half way between Los Angeles and San Diego, the surfside retreat awakens guests’ senses with its unique beach ocean-front setting and remarkable service heritage. Over the years, the resort has been the recipient of many awards, but is proud to boast its AAA Five Diamond status for the 28th consecutive year. 396 guestrooms including 29 spacious suites and 367 guestrooms Located in Dana Point, along seven miles of scenic coastline Seasonal overnight packages and day packages Six restaurants, bars and dining lounges Spa with 12 treatment rooms, named among the top 100 spa resorts Eco-Adventure Center for unique eco-excursions and experiences Let The Ritz-Carlton, Laguna Niguel inspire the ultimate getaway. Book your reservations at this exclusive California address today and indulge in the quintessential beach resort experience.Experience the re-imagined Ritz-Carlton, Laguna Niguel The Ritz-Carlton, Laguna Niguel is a Tier 3 property in The Ritz-Carlton Rewards.