Posted April 1, 2021Embassy Suites by Hilton Chicago North Shore Deerfield
MINIMUM Job Description, including but not limited to the following:
1. Interview, hire, train, recommend performance evaluations, resolve problems, provide open communication, and recommend discipline and/or termination when appropriate.
2. Plan and direct the functions of administration and planning of the Food and Beverage Department to meet the daily needs of the operation.
3. Implement company programs and manage the operations of the Restaurant, Room Service and any other food and beverage outlets as required to ensure compliance with SOPs and LSOPs, safety regulations and federal, state and local regulations to ensure an optimal level of service, quality and hospitality are provided to the guest(s).
4. Forecast, implement, monitor, control and report on the various outlet budgets and their components (labor costs, food costs, beverage costs, supplies, equipment, etc.) to maximize revenue and minimize expenses while ensuring adequate supplies and staff are on hand to provide top quality customer service.
5. Clearly describe, assign, and delegate responsibility and authority for the operation of the various food and beverage sub-departments, e.g. Banquets, Room Service, Concierge, Restaurants, Food Outlets, AM/PM Comp Services, etc. Closely working with F&B Supervisor on these responsibilities.
6. Develop, implement, and monitor schedules for the operation of all food and beverage outlets, and sub-departments to achieve a profitable result. This may include working shifts as a cook, server, bartender, etc. Review daily time punches and punch edits to ensure they are updated accurately each day and compare to any written time edit logs.
7. Participate with Food and Beverage leadership team in the creation of menus designed to attract a predetermined customer market.
8. Implement effective control of food and labor costs among all sub-departments to Crescent standards. Review daily time punches and punch edits to ensure they are updated accurately each day and compare to any written time edit logs.
9. Abide by all County, City, State, Federal, and Corporate requirements pertaining to serving alcoholic beverages and health code mandates.
10. Assist managers in establishing and achieving predetermined profit objectives and desired standards of quality food, service, cleanliness, merchandising and promotion.
11. Regularly review and evaluate the degree of guest satisfaction of the individual restaurants and banquet service, to recommend new operating and marketing policies whenever declining or constant sales imply dissatisfaction by the customers, a material change in the make-up or the customer market, or a change in the competitive environment.
12. Develop and use operating tools necessary and incidental to modern management principles, e.g. budgeting, forecasting purchase specifications, POS-Micros, etc.
13. Continuously evaluate, along with F&B Supervisor, the performance and encourage improvement of the associates in the food and beverage department. Plan and administer a training and development program within the department which will provide well trained associates at all levels.
14. Create, recommend, and implement promotions, displays, buffet presentations and ideas to capture in house guests and a larger share of the local market.
15. Visually inspect function rooms and equipment prior to functions for cleanliness, proper inventory, and set up.
16. Verbally communicate, in a calm, positive demeanor, during the course of the function with the kitchen, service, beverage, convention services, and engineering staff, as well as the guest host to ensure timely execution of events, quality service, and adherence to all applicable federal, state, local safety and health regulations and corporate standards.
17. Communicate both verbally and in writing to provide clear direction to staff.
18. Respond to customer trends, needs, issues, comments and problems to ensure a quality experience and enhance future sales prospects.
19. Comply with attendance rules and be available to work on a regular basis. May also be working in rotation with the Manager-On-Duty (MOD) program.
20. Monitor and control the maintenance/sanitation of the various outlet areas and equipment to protect the assets, comply with policies and procedures and ensure quality service.
21. Perform any other job-related duties as assigned.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Must have the ability to communicate in English. Self-starting personality with an even disposition. Maintain a professional appearance and manner at all times. Can communicate well with guests. Must be willing to “pitch-in” and help co-workers with their job duties and be a team player. Ability to apply basic supervisory skills to plan, organize, direct, coach, train and discipline employees, as necessary. Ability to operate all types of kitchen equipment. Finger/hand dexterity in order to operate food machinery. Ability to grasp, lift and/or carry, or otherwise, move goods weighing a maximum of 100 lbs. on a continuous schedule.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
1445 Lake Cook Road
Deerfield, IL 60015
237 Room All Suite
Located 14 miles from Chicago O’Hare International Airport, this hotel in Deerfield offers the perfect suburban setting amidst Fortune 500 companies. Settle in to your spacious two-room suite with home-like amenities including two flat-screen TVs, a wet bar area with a refrigerator, microwave and coffeemaker.
Discover great value with free made-to-order breakfast each morning and our complimentary Evening Reception. Dine in the restaurant or on busy days, choose from our delicious in-room dining options. Keep on top of work at the BusinessLink™ Business Center and take advantage of our express mail services.
Host a meeting or social event in our elegant Deerfield hotel. With more than 7,000 sq. ft. of flexible space, the hotel provides room for the perfect wedding for 120 guests or a conference for up to 125. Rely on our professional sales and catering team to create the perfect day.