Posted April 1, 2021Courtyard Philadelphia Lansdale
Responsible for preparing all event documentation and coordinates with Sales, property departments and customer to ensure consistent, high level service throughout pre-event, event and post-event phases of property events. This position primarily handles less complex property events. Works with his/her supervisor to ensure their property events have a seamless turnover from sales to service and back to sales. Recognizes opportunities to maximize revenue by up-selling and offering enhancements to create outstanding events.
Education and Experience
• High school diploma or GED; minimal experience in the event management or related professional area.
• 2-year degree from an accredited university in Hotel and Restaurant Management, Hospitality, Business Administration, or related major; no work experience required.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Supporting Event Operations
• Greets customer during the event phase and hands off to Event Operations for the execution of details.
• Acts as the liaison between field sales person and customer throughout the event process (pre-event, event, and post-event).
• Ensures hourly associates understand expectations and parameters for event activities.
• Adheres to all standards, policies, and procedures.
• Ensures billing accuracy and conducts bill reviews with the clients prior to processing the final bill.
• Participates in customer meetings for assigned groups with guidance from his/her supervisor.
• Manages group room blocks and meeting space of small assigned groups.
Providing and Ensuring Exceptional Customer Service
• Encourages associates to provide excellent customer service.
• Sets a positive example for guest relations.
• Coordinates and communicates event details both verbally and in writing to the customer and property operations under the guidance of his/her supervisor.
• Makes presence known to customer at all times during this process.
• Works with his/her supervisor to oversee the customer experience from file turnover through the post event phase until turnover back to sales.
• Follows-up with customer post-event.
• Responds to and handles guest problems and complaints.
• Participates in various meetings as he/she perceives necessary (Banquet Event Order meeting, block review, etc).
• Alerts his/her supervisor to operational challenges associated with his/her group and works with his/her supervisor determines how to best solve these challenges.
• Emphasizes guest satisfaction during all departmental meetings and focuses on continuous improvement.
• Reviews comment cards and guest satisfaction results with associates.
• Interacts with guests to obtain feedback on product quality and service levels.
• Solicits feedback from the property departments to identify areas for improvement to enhance the Event Planner’s experience.
• Participates in pre- and post- event meetings as required to review and communicate group needs and feedback.
• Works with the property staff and customers to address operational challenges associated with his/her group.
• Participates in activities to improve service performance using his/her evaluation of the issue and resolution.
Supporting the Sales and Marketing Function
• Assists with the sales process as necessary.
• Up-sells products and services throughout the event process.
• Works under the guidance of his/her supervisor to forecast group sleeping rooms and event revenue (catering and audio visual) for his/her groups.
• Performs other duties as assigned to meet business needs.Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer. We believe in hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive, people-first culture. We are committed to non-discrimination on any protected basis, such as disability and veteran status, or any other basis covered under applicable law.